Part 49

Back to current day
She is pulled out from her thoughts with a prick she feels on her thumb due to the crack the frame now had, she puts down the picture frame then realising the tight grip on the frame had caused a cut on her palm and there were droplets of blood on the frame, and she relentlessly had tears in her eyes. "Soon Mr. Shukla soon." she murmured to no one in particular. She stood up high from her chair straightened herself caressing her belly, trying to pull herself together. Taking a notepad, she noted all the possibilities writing down what she would be missing on, and then she felt a bang a tightness in her chest and her heart beated fast enough as if it would bump out of her chest. She pulled out the picture which she had retrived from Nikki's house,which Viktor printed out for her. She pulled out a pencil edging the jawline, and there it was the picture looked familiar because she had spend years with a similar looking man, the man who died in front of her, the man who runied her life, It wasn't Sim but an older looking man, Sim reflected very well in the image. Just the thought of it made her rush to the nearby trashcan emptying the contents of her stomach. "Sim's father" but how? Sim never spoke about him. For the first time again she felt the pinch that her past would never leave her, it would follow her and maybe passed on to her children but that didn't mean she was going to give up, not at the cost of her husband off her child staying away from her father. She pulled out her cell phone calling the man monitoring the mike she left at Nikki's house, "Any movement yet."
Man-Not much just a little here and there but nothing informative.
Sheh-Send me the copy, I am going to go through it myself to be sure nothing is being missed. *she hung up the phone, and called Viktor in. She placed the picture with her pencil drawing on the desk taping it on it showing it to Viktor* Do you see what I see? *she asked Viktor with a wicked smile*
Vik-*placed one finger on his chin* Is that the father? OR Sim's brother?
Sheh-Naahh he looks old to be Sim's brother. Has to be the father, look at the similarities. Sim was a reflection of his father. Now we know why was this matter handed to the C.B.I and not handled personally by him or his men.
Vik-Why? *he asked with a confused face*
Sheh- Duuhh, because Viktor he is weak physically. He knows there is a 5% chance he could beat Sidharth up, so he used his...
Vik-*She was cut off in the middle* He used his contacts. Ohh god, why didn't we find this earlier.
Sheh-Firstly because you guys are men, not that I doubt my husband he's smart. But he wasn't going to doubt or even consider that his ex-girlfriend would be involved in any of this. SEcondly you guys use your hands and guns more then your brain. *her finger tapped her forehead* Not that I have much either. *she added with a small laugh*
Vik-It's good to see you smile, boss. You know we will get to the end of this, we always do.
Sheh-I know we will, I just hope your boss doesn't loose me or I dont loose him in the way. *she gave him a sad smile* I am going to go get some rest, my feet is really sore. *Just when she was about to leave she stopped at the doorknob turning her back to Viktor again* Just tell me if he is okay Viktor? It keeps me worried at night.
Vik-Offcourse he is lady boss. I don't know much but I sure do know he misses you is all.
Sheh-I would kick his a** if he wouldn't. *she winked* Now get me the details and lets see how is Nikki related to this man, I don't know his name , Sim never mentioned much about him. Well we never spoke much, but I do know they weren't much close either so it can't be revenge. Maybe I can go back to my old house and see if my father or Sim left any details there about him.
Vik-You don't need to we all know what will that do to you, specially since in this condition. (She never walked in the Gill vila again, didn't event think about it or what happened with it. This was her home, where her family but she did know the vila would bring in memories she didn't really want to visit again.) I will get our men to go through it, you can rest until.
Sheh-Thank you. *she left the office with a sad smile*
She walked into the room, with an anxiety in her. No she would never fall in the state of depression again, she had to be strong specially for her child and her husband. She finally did one thing which she had hesitated to do since the time Sidharth was arrested, she walked to his closet pulling out his marriage kurta since it was on her mind while looking at the frame. Finding comfort in it. She inhaled the scent, it smelled his him, like his aftershave, like her favourite perfume that she brought him, just Sidharth in all, his freshness and it brought a certain calmness to her, her body eased in it, she curved herself in a ball hugging her knees to her chest with
the kurta wrapped around herself and she dozed off thinking about her favourite human on this earth her husband and her favourite day her marriage. She was woken up late in the evening by Chaiin and Shanny who had brought her good amount of food along with her pre-natal vitamins, the girls chatted it seemed funny because the chats that usually were about their nail appointments and silly girly things were now about their enemies and harming people. "Do you feel ok babhi?" Chaiin asked. "Yes" she smiled back. "I just have severe back pain and my feet seems to be sore all the time, even If I don't do much."
"I can take care of that." they heard someones noise and it was none other than her life saver MAry aunty, she sat at the edge of the bed with a bottle of coconul oil massaging feet. She giggled
back her laugh, thinking about the 100 times her husband used to pull her up to massage him, specially head massages. He enjoyed them truly, a knock startled her out of her thoughts. "Boss we have something for you." the girls and Mary aunty understood it was their queue to leave.
Cha-Do you want me to visit you in the night and sleep with you so you wont need the jacker or the kurta? *she asked placing the kurta back in the closet*
Sheh-Sure, I would like that. *the girls left* What is it Viktor?
Vik-You won't believe what we found out! I dont think you will like the sound of it.
Sheh-What is it? *she got up from the bed walking towards him in a hurry, she pulled off the file Viktor had in his hand, her finger held her mouth looking at something that looked like a copy of a marriage certificate*
Sheh- Is that what I think it is? And is this?
Vik-Yes boss! If you mean is it a marriage
certificate of Nikki Sharma and Raj Bose. *sorry guys koi aur naam nahi samajh aaya*
Sheh-Who is Raj bose? Is that
Vik-She was again cut off, Sim's father? YEs he is. She married Sim's father.
Sheh-Why would she do that? *she felt disgusted not because of the age difference, love doesnt have age but the fact she knew this wasn't love it had its own reason. They didn't know what. Mr. Bose looked pretty fit and healthy for his age, just the way she imagined Sidharth would when he grew older because he knew how to mantain himself. She rushed to the washroom again to empty the contents she had just comsumed, the pregnancy was getting on to her or was is just the feeling of being disgusted.
I hope you guys like this part, comment and let me know if you do or even if you don't. And please guys do comment it gives me motivation to write