Chapter 27 - reunited

2 days until Christmas

|Melanie|

My Uber drops me off in front of my childhood home. Seeing it brought back so many memories and I couldn't wait to see my brother, sister, mom and dad. Like I said to the girls, I haven't seen them since August and that was when we all went on vacation. I remember it like it was yesterday. We went to the Bahamas and stood there for like two weeks.

After getting out the car and getting my stuff, I walk to the front door. I knocked on the door and one the other side, I hear a scream saying "she's here!" I could tell it was my little sister, Vanessa.

The door opens and I see her and my mom. We all screamed and did a group hug, "oh honey I've missed you so much!" My mom says.

"I've missed you guys too"

The three of us continue to hug until we hear someone clear their throat. We pull away and see my dad and brother, Jackson, standing there with their arms crossed and shaking their heads, "what are we, chopped liver" my dad said, "give your old man a hug"

I playfully rolled my eyes and hugged him too, "hi dad" then I hugged Jackson, "look at you. Your one inch taller than I remembered"

"Haha very funny" he said, pushing away my head after we shared a hug, "you shouldn't be talking, Vanessa is taller than you and she's the youngest"

"Wow, picking on your little sister, that gives off small dick energy" I said with a smirk.

"Melanie, watch your mouth. You just got here!" My mom yells and my dad just lets out a chuckle. I show her a apologetic smile. My dad doesn't mind us cursing. He thinks since me and Jackson don't live under his roof that we can talk how we want. Vanessa can't do that though.

"That's what you get bitch" Jackson said to me, but automatically regrets it and covers his mouth.

"Jackson!"

"Mom, I'm 26! Being lectured isn't necessary"

"I don't care if you're 50, I will still lecture you. I told you and Mel that I don't tolerate that language in my house. Ugh- you kids give me a headache, I'm getting started on dinner"

My mom walks to the kitchen and my siblings and I just look at our dad, "you know how she gets. Anyway, who's up for Just Dance?"

"You guys are all going down! I've been practicing" I said, walking to the living room.

"Yea okay, we'll see about that" my dad said.

My dad and I get very competitive with this game and no one can beat us. Between the two of us, it's a back and forth on who wins.

---

"Damn it! I lost" my dad says, putting his hands on his hips.

"Woah, megastar. Beat that" I said with a smile.

"Great dad, you boosted her ego" Vanessa said.

"Are you guys done, dinner has been ready for about 10 minutes. I don't want it to get cold" my mom says, walking into the living room with a smile.

"Yes!" My dad throws his controller on the couch and kisses my mom before running into the kitchen. Jackson follows behind.

Once we all served ourselves, we sat at the table and started eating, "Derek, can you pass me the salad bowl?" My mom says to my dad. He nods and passes it to her.

"So, Vanessa, how's sophomore year treating you?" I asked.

She shrugged, "it's going pretty good. Teachers always giving me extra homework and being annoying. At least I'm passing" she takes a bite of her chicken, "also Mel you missed it! I got a date to homecoming and it's in January"