Chapter 39 - fuck you

There was this weird feeling in the C4 house. The boys couldn't put their finger on it but once they saw their two roommates Melanie and Jc, they had an idea.

It's been three days of them bickering and saying mean things to each other. At first it was funny but they were taking it too far.

Melanie decided to make dinner for today and made Alfredo pasta with salad. There were days where she wished Chelsey still lived at the house and today was one of those. She was the only girl, she was fighting with one of her roommates, and she just needed another female to share her struggles with.

Once the food was done all the boys, except Jc, came out of their rooms to eat. As everyone was serving themselves, a door is closed and steps are made down the stairs. Melanie looks over and sees Jc with a girl. Her eyebrows scrunch together in confusion as she sees him show the girl out the door.

Were they in his room alone together? What were they doing? Melanie thought but they were soon shut down when Jc looked at her with a smirk on his face. She glared at him and faced the pot to continue serving herself. Jc knew that would bother her. Having another girl here that is. However, it wasn't like that. The girl was just helping him with Tïxxo ideas but Melanie doesn't need to know that.

"Foods ready" Brian said.

"Cool, what is it?" Jc asked, grabbing a plate and walking over to the pot.

"Alfredo-" Melanie was saying but was cut off.

"I wasn't asking you"

Melanie clenched her jaw and dropped the spoon in the pot, "Opps, looks like you're gonna have to get that" she tapped his shoulder twice and then took her seat next to Oscar at the table. The boys decided not to comment on the matter and start to eat. Each of the boys had a different thought of what they think happened.

Crawford and Oscar think that they are just acting like children and fighting about something that they honestly didn't care about. Well, Crawford didn't care. Oscar is just concerned.

Will thinks it has something to do with the lunch Melanie went on with Asher.

And lastly, Brian thinks they are fighting about their friendship.

This just goes to show that there is no proper communication in this house. Soon, all the boys and Melanie were all together at the table. It was awkward to say the least.

"How was everyone's day?" Oscar asked.

"Good" Jc said and when Melanie looked over at him he had that dumb smirk. It was starting to piss her off that she aggressively stabbed her pasta with her fork.

"Amazing" Melanie mumbled with a mouth full of pasta.

"This pasta is really good Mel! You should cook for us more often" Crawford said and Will agreed.

"Thanks guys I appreciate it. My mom sent me the recipe and I thought I could give it a try"

"It could use a little more pepper and the pastas a little hard" Jc said and it caused all the boys eyes to widen. They were surprised he would say that. The food was better than any of them can do so why was he complaining? Jc didn't mean one word though. He loved the food! He was just so mad and he thought it wasn't fair that any of the boys were giving her praise.

What Jc said hurt Melanie. She always tried to do her best with the things she did. Cooking wasn't her number one talent either, hence the reason she had to get the recipe from her mother and even call her for help. Every time Melanie wanted to cook a big meal, she needed help and obviously the boys couldn't help with that. However, Melanie just pushed it to the side.

"Can someone pass me the salad?" Jc said. It goes quiet and all the boys look at the salad bowl. They noticed that it was right next to Melanie but she wasn't moving to get it. She just continued to eat. "Mel, pass me the salad" Jc says again through gritted teeth. She picks up the bowl, served herself, and then placed it back where it was before. Brian muffled a laugh and when Jc looked at him, he shut up real quick. Will just picked up the bowl and passed it to Jc, "see was that so hard"

"If you weren't being a dick maybe I would've passed it to you"

"I'm being a dick!?"

"Yeah, you are! Why are you still fighting with me?!"

"Guys enough! Why can't we just eat-" Will said but was cut off.

"Shut up Will!" Melanie and Jc said.

Oscar stood up from his seat, "I am not going to sit here and listen to you guys fight. It was funny the first couple of days. Now it's just annoying as hell" he picked up his plate and started to walk to his room, "I'm eating in my room"

Soon Crawford, Will, and Brian start to do the same thing and go eat in their rooms, "you guys didn't have to tell me shut up" Will said rudely to the two fighting friends.

Melanie bit her lip and folded her arms as she was now alone with Jc at the dining room table. Who knew that having a disagreement would end like this. Melanie and Jc were such close best friends. What happened?

"Look what you did? They don't even want to eat with us" Jc said.

Melanie groaned and stood up from her seat, "I didn't do anything! It takes two people to fight Jc!" she throws out her plate of food, "you are so unbelievably. I officially lost my appetite"

"This all started because of you! I just want to be with you but you're too much of a bitch to even consider that!"

"I'm what!?"

It was already too late and Jc wished he could take back what he said. He had no right calling her that. It was definitely out of line. He was just so upset and his mind felt as though Melanie wasn't feeling his pain, but his heart knew that even before calling Melanie a bitch, she was already feeling his pain. He was hurting from calling her that and he couldn't imagine how she felt. It's so nasty and degrading to a woman. Almost insulting.

Jc let out a sigh, "I-I didn't mean-"

"Whatever I'm done" Melanie walked over to the key older and grabbed her keys. Once she got them she started walking to the garage.

Jc started chasing after her, "where are you going!?"

"To Asher's house"

Jc grabbed Melanie's arm, "no you're not!"

"Don't ever touch me again!" Melanie said pushing Jc away. "So it's okay for you to hang out with other girls but when I do it, it's wrong?"

"You can hang out with guys. Just not Asher!" Melanie did not understand that statement. How is that fair? Jc had to approve on who she can hang out with? Melanie was not going to listen to him. Maybe if he didn't call her a bitch, she wouldn't be leaving. "Mel I didn't mean to call you that-"

"Fuck you"

Melanie quickly hopped into her car and drove away, leaving Jc to stand all alone in the garage.