Chapter 55 - fire spreads fast and burns slow

1 hour earlier

|Melanie|

Today is sadly our last night staying at this campsite. Tomorrow we leave bright and early. I really don't want to leave just yet because I know when we go back I have to work really hard on my album therefore I will be busy and I still have to record some songs.

It was 10 at night and the group and I were going to just sit by the fire, eat pizza, and just chat. Right now, I was in the bathroom just looking over my outfit which was just a white oversized t-shirt, black leggings, and my black Tasman slippers. I was also brushing out my freshly washed hair and as I was doing that, Nezza walks into the bathroom. I looked over at her and smiled as I continued to brush out my hair.

She had a smirk on her face and started to apply lipgloss on her lips. I gave her a weird look, "what's with the smirk?"

"How was your night with Jc?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know what your talking about"

She laughed, "will you know what I'm talking about when I mention the bruise on your neck," my eyes widen as I turn my head to see what Nezza was talking about and she was right. there was a bruise, or should I say hickie, on my neck. Why would Jc do this!?

Quickly, I grabbed the concealer that was sitting on the counter and started applying it to my neck. "Does it look bad?"

"Mel, it's okay. Just put a hoodie on or something. Or here-" Nezza took the concealer from my hand and started dabing it on my neck to cover up what Jc did, "so..."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "last night was amazing. There, is that what you wanted to here"

"Yup" she back away to have a look at my neck, "there, all gone. I would still put on a sweater though"

I nodded my head, going into the bedroom to retrieve my navy blue hoodie. I feel like since it's dark out people won't really see my hickie which is a good thing.

Nezza and I both leave our cabin and start to walk to the fire pit where Kevin, Oscar, Kian, Asher, Jc, and Franny. I think the rest are getting the snacks inside. Jc looks back at me and smiles, "come sit next to me" he said, waving his hand over.

I walked over to him and pulled him up by his shirt, taking him near the lake. In the distance, I heard Kevin say "oooo looks like someone's in trouble" and everyone laughed.

Jc chuckled and brushed up on his shirt, "whats wrong with you?"

"Your bitchass gave me a hickie!"

"I know"

I gave him a look, "Jc I didn't want one. Now if people see it they'll suspect something"

"Everyone knows we're together so it doesn't really matter" fuck. (Italics)

I now feel like crying out in frustration. Who knew keeping shit bottled up would be so hard and annoying. It's like I'm handling two different stories and trying to make a happy ending come out of both.

"Yea..." I mumbled.

He laughed, "if hickies bother you that much, I'll do them where only I could see them and others can't"

Butterflies erupted in my stomach and playfully, I shoved Jc away and walked back to the fire. I heard him laugh as I sat back down on the log. I pulled my hoodie over and as my stomach growled, the rest of the boys, Chelsey, and Taylor, come back with sweets and food.

"Look! There was a bakery me and Brian found 2 miles away and we got cannolis" Chelsey said sitting next to me. I smiled.

"I love cannolis! I haven't had any in so long"