Chapter 35 - drunk decisions

"Happy birthday Melanie!"

Melanie felt so overwhelmed by everyone. She didn't expect... well this! She didn't know her friends would go out of their way to do all this for her. It was such a nice gesture and her cheeks were hurting from smiling so hard.

The party was decorated with black, white, and gold everywhere and the roses that everyone tossed was just all over the floor. It was honestly really beautiful and classy. Oscar did a great job with choosing the decorations.

Melanie looked around and her eyes widen when she saw Taylor. She ran over to her and gave her a hug, "what the hell are you doing here!?"

"I couldn't miss my best friends birthday"

"But we talked last night and you never told me"

Then Brian walked over to them, "surprise!"

Melanie pouted her lips, "awww Brian I freaking love you so much" she gives Brian a hug. When she pulled away, she playfully punched Taylor's shoulder, "you bitch"

Crawford walks over, "hey! Don't give Brian all the credit! I picked her up from the airport this morning"

"Babe, I drove us there quit playin'" Nezza jumps in.

Melanie laughs, "I just want to say thank you to all of you. This was very sweet of you guys and I'm very grateful to have a group of friends like you guys"

Everyone at the party awes at what Melanie said. They would literally do anything for her. She was such a nice person to them and they loved her vibe.

"Okay enough sappy shit! Lets get this party started!" Oscar screams and on cue, the DJ starts playing music.

While some people started dancing and playing some party games around the house, others would come up to Melanie to say happy birthday to her individually. Jc was nervous and he didn't know why. When he saw what she was wearing, he was speechless just like Christian when he first saw Melanie at his house. Jc felt like if he were to start talking to her, he would be a stuttering mess, but he had to say happy birthday to her. It's literally her party, he can't just ignore her the whole night.

Nervously biting his lip, his friend Kevin came up to him, "yo Jc, you wanna be my partner in beer pong?!"

"Uh sure. Who else is playing?"

"Ummm, Dyl and Reggie"

Jc looked over at Melanie again and see that she's hugging Chelsey and freaking out about the tickets she got her. That was suppose to be his gift but hopefully she'll love the dog he got her. The little thing was up in his room right now and he's hoping that he can bring her up to show her later on in the night.

"I'll be over in a bit. I have to say hi to Mel"

"Well hurry up we're about to play!"

Kevin pats Jc on his shoulder and walks over to the beer pong table. Alright Jc, just walk up to her like you don't like her. Keep it natural. He lets out a sigh and makes his way over to Melanie. He puts one hand on her back, motioning to her that someone was behind her.

Melanie turns around and when she saw it was Jc, she smiled and immediately pulled him into a hug, "thank you so much for the surprise! Brian told me you helped out with all this!"

Jc hugged back, "yea nothing too serious, I can't take all the credit" he said sarcastically. The two friends pulled away from each other, "but I'm glad you like it"

"Like it?! I love it!" Melanie shouts. The music was really loud so to talk in a normal voice; it wouldn't have been enough for Melanie's soft voice. She had to shout for people to hear her.