Chapter 44 - enemies to acquaintance

|Melanie|

|Melanie|

"Can someone be a little more considerate and not leave their laundry in the dryer! You're not the only one who has dirty clothes!" I shout. I put whose ever clothes were in the dryer in a basket and on cue, Brian walks in. He had this guilt look on his face and it was pretty obvious that these were his clothes.

"Sorry Mel! I forgot" Brian said while grabbing the basket.

I let out a sigh, "you're fine. I'm just in a rush. I have a lot of stuff to do today"

"Like what?" Brian asked.

I threw in my clothes in the dryer and turned it on, "I have to go clean my room, go grocery shopping, drop something off at Kians place, do my laundry-"

"You sure do have a busy day. Do you need any help?" Brian asked.

I smiled, "no, I'm fine. Thank you for-"

"Good because I didn't want to help" then he walked to his room. I shouldn't even be surprised he would say that. Anything that has nothing to do with him, he won't do it. I couldn't be mad though, I think later on he was going to stream anyway.

I walk out the laundry room and went back up to my room to fold the clothes. Like I said before, I had so much stuff to do and I'm just trying to finish everything on time. I'm also glad Jc isn't here to bother me. I feel like ever since we started dating he's been nothing but a distraction. We even had this schedule where after his streams, either I would sneak into his room or he would sneak into mine. I'm still surprised that our relationship is still a secret. We did think about telling the friend group but we would just freak and just choose to keep doing what we are doing. I sometimes wish it wasn't like that and I know Jc wishes the same thing.

When I entered my room, my phone started going off and I saw it was a FaceTime call from Taylor. I placed my basket of clothes on my bed and picked up my phone.

"Hey, what's up?" I said.

Taylor smiled, "I have something to tell you. It's like really good news!"

I looked at her weird and angled my phone on my bed so that she could still see me. Then I started folding my clothes, "okay... now I'm scared"

"No don't be! Okay, I'm just gonna say it," Taylor takes a deep breath, "I finished college early!"

My eyes widen as I stopped folding, "are you deadass?!"

"Yes! Since I'm working to be a social media manager, I was able to finish early and that means-"

"-You're gonna move to LA!?" I screamed in excitement.

"How'd you know?" Taylor said jokingly.

I'm so happy that my best friend was going to be able to live closer to me. It sucks that she would come visit and would just have to go home. I remember when I was first leaving for LA and Taylor was so upset that I was leaving her behind.