Chapter 38 - netflix minus the chill

|Melanie|

I think a movie was playing in the background. I wasn't too sure. My full attention wasn't towards it. I remember before I came in here, the idea was to relax and watch a movie. However, that didn't happen. It lasted for at least 30 minutes.

Laying on his bed and his arm around my shoulder, his lips clashed with mine. I wanted to stop but I just couldn't. The way Jc was kissing me was very sensual and longing. Like he's been wanting to do this for a while.

I pull back a little and when I did, he nudge his nose to mine making me giggle, "we're not even watching the movie" I said, looking at the screen. We were watching Homefront on Netflix and if I'm being honest, I really wanted to watch it. It was starting to get good but my attention was to something or should I say someone else.

Jc placed his pointer finger and thumb under my chin to face him, "thats the whole point" He leans in again and continued to kiss me. We weren't really worried if someone walked in on us. All the boys had left to do whatever and they wouldn't be back for a while.

As Jc and I continued to share a kiss, I kept thinking about how what I was doing was wrong. Out of all the guys I could be interested in, why did it have to be Jc? Again, I pull away. Jc looked into my eyes and now had a concerned look on his face instead of that lustful look, "what's wrong?" Of course when he asked me that, I didn't know what to say. I was actually at lost of words. I feel like he knew what was wrong. I've said it so many times that it shouldn't be a shocker to him at this point. However, I think he was hoping for my problem to be something else, "I know you're still not thinking about Chelsey?"

"How can I not!? I'm literally kissing her ex" Jc rolled his eyes and faced the tv with his arms crossed, "I don't know what you want me to feel-"

"I want you to feel how you feel, not how others might"

"Well right now I feel guilty"

Jc looked over at me, "because you keep thinking of this whole situation when really there isn't one"

I looked at Jc like he was dumb, "if we start 'dating' there will be a situation. All of our friends will know, Chelsey will know, the whole fucking world will know!"

"Why do you care what others think?!" He shouted. I just stood quiet with my eyebrows knitted together in anger. I think I cared so much because I didn't want to be a laughing stock to the whole world. I also didn't want to loose my best friend to a boy. Jc doesn't understand that though. He hates that I see it as him being the ex and Chelsey being the friend. He would rather it be the other way around but it never will be. He is my friend but at the end of the day, Chelsey would always come before him. He lets out a sigh and messed with his curly hair, mumbling something that I really couldn't hear.

"What?" I asked

It was quiet for at least a minute and he finally decided to speak, "I broke up with Chelsey because..." he bit his lip and looked at me, "I developed feeling for you." My eyes widen and Jc took hold of my hand, "I couldn't be with Chelsey because I couldn't hide the feelings I had for you. I've liked you since you stepped foot into this house and I didn't know why. I was confused and hid my feelings but once we started getting closer and hanging out, I didn't know what else to do"

I looked down at our hands and then looked back up to meet Jc's eyes, "Jc, I hope you can understand that I do like you. I want to be with you, I do. But I just can't and with the news you just told me- does Chelsey even know?"

He shakes his head and I groaned, "why is everything about Chelsey? Why aren't you considering my feelings on this too?"

"I am!"

"No you're not. All I hear is 'oh I don't want to be a horrible friend. Oh I don't want Chelsey to be upset' do you know how shitty I feel right now? I didn't want to break up with Chelsey but the love I had for her wasn't there anymore! The only thing that was on my mind was you and you don't seem to care" he said, letting go of my hand and I felt my heart drop.

"I do care! How can you say that?"

"If you cared then you would just agree to just be with me instead of worrying about Chelsey. She's not gonna be in this relationship if we have one. It'll just be you and me"

"Jc-"

"Just get out, I'm done talking about this"

I stand up from his bed in anger and look over to him, "you know what Jc fuck you! You wanna be done talking about this but guess what; I'm done arguing about this! You claim that I don't see your views but you don't see mine either"

He let out a fake laugh, "please! I do see your views! I fucking hear them crystal clear! You're scared. Scared of what everyone will think. Is that why no one knows about Asher?!"

"Shut up-"

"Answer the question Mel! Were you too scared to tell us how he treated you because we would judge you for settling for someone like that?"

"Asher is not apart of this!"

"Well he is now since you want to go out to eat with him!"

I give Jc an angry look, "why does it matter if I go see him? It's non of your concern and I'm a grown ass adult! If I want to eat with my ex I will do so!" How did he even know I went out with him? Did Will tell him? Did he see it on the cameras?

Jc rolls his eyes in annoyance, "if you're not going to answer the question, get out!"

"I honestly can't believe you right now. You wanna know why I didn't tell anyone about Asher?" I paused, waiting to see if he would say something but he just looked at me with his arms crossed, "Yeah, I thought you guys would judge me. Non of you would understand why I stood with him for so long. He might've treated me like shit, but he was there for me when no one else was and that's all I ever wanted. We connected that way because we both didn't have anyone else but each other." I let out a fake laugh as I felt my eyes start to water, "you probably still don't get it and sadly I feel like non of you will"

I start to walk out of Jc's room, "Mel-"

I turned around, "also, if you're worried about me getting back together with Asher, trust me, I wasn't. Is that why you asked me that question?" He didn't say anything, just stood silent and it caused a tear to drop down my cheek, "that's what I thought." My voice cracked. I opened his room door to walk myself out and went straight to my room.

A/N: if you go back to "BEFORE YOU CONTINUE" you will see the characters who play Melanie, Taylor, and Asher :)