Chapter 31- planning

|Jc|

Brian
Everyone come to my room NOW!

Looking at my phone, I was confused why Brian made a new group chat without Melanie. It was just the five of us. I decided to do what Brian said and head towards his room. When I walked in, all I saw was Brian standing next to a covered poster.

"Hey Jc! You made it on time! Come, take a seat" Brian says with a smile. I looked at him weird since his whole emotion was being 'happy', but I just took a seat on his bed. After a couple of minutes, all the boys start to roll in and once they did, Brian quickly closed the door.

"Why are you being so secretive?" Crawford asked.

"Yea and why isn't Melanie included in this?" Oscar asked.

"I will get to that in a few, for now everyone has to listen to me!" Brian screams.

"Bro stop screaming, we hear you" Will says

Brian rolls his eyes, "anyway, I made a whole different group chat without Melanie because she can't know about this"

"About what?" I asked.

Brian then takes the drape off of the poster he had and it was literally a full out plan for a surprise party for Melanie. Her 22 birthday was coming up and I guess Brian wanted to do a surprise party for her. I've been trying to figure out what to get her, but I'm honestly stuck.

"We are planning Mel a surprise birthday party" Brian said with a smile.

"Aren't you scared that she's gonna come in and see the plan?" Crawford asked.

"She's not. I sent her on an errand to get this corn chips that doesn't exist so she'll be gone for a while. Anyway, since this is Mel's first time having us as roommates and some of us have recently met her, we should go out with a bang. She's been good friends to us so I thought this would be a nice gesture for her"

"Go on" Oscar said and I nod my head, agreeing.

"So the party will be this Saturday and we all have stuff we need to do for this party to be amazing for her"

"I better have something easy" Will mumbles.

"Crawford, you're in charge of inviting everyone. I already called up Taylor and she bought her ticket to arrive Saturday morning. You also have to pick her up"

"I don't even have a car" Crawford whined.

"Then it looks like Nezza is going with you" Brian said with a sarcastic smile. Crawford just rolled his eyes.

"Jc, since you have... money... you'll be buying everything. Food, drinks, alcohol, and the cake. Now-" then Brian throws that poster board to show us another of a cake, "this cake is her favorite. Vanilla with cheesecake frosting and strawberry filling. Her favorite flowers are roses so they are all over the cake. I placed an order for it at this bakery," Oscar hands me a business card of the bakery place, "so all you have to do is pick it up on Saturday"

"Doesn't seem hard"

"I'm glad one person hasn't complained yet unlike others" Brian says and gives a glare to Crawford.

"All I said was-"

"Shut up! No interruptions!" When Brian said that, Crawford just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "anyway, Oscar, you're in charge of decorating the whole house. I like your style and I know you know Mel's style so I trust you with this one"

"I won't let you down Sargent" Oscar said sarcastically while doing a salute to Brian.

"And Will, you just have to find a DJ"

"So everyone else has it easy but I have to look for a DJ. How the hell am I suppose to find one?" Will asked.

"Oh so it looks like I have two babies. Does daddy need to help you walk out the door too?" Brian says in a baby voice. We all just stood silent, "that's what I thought"

"When do we start working on all this?" I asked.

"This Friday and also Will you didn't let me finish, you also have to follow Melanie around"

"What if she doesn't go anywhere?"

"Then you stay with her in the house"

"Brian, you don't even have a job. What are you suppose to be doing?!" I asked in shock. How is he gonna boss us around and not get something to do.

"I came up with the idea so I'm the boss around here. I need to make sure everything is perfect for Melanie. I even got this badge at party city that says 'Boss'. See look!" Brian shows us the badge that was pinned to his chest and I just playfully rolled my eyes. Yeah, usually when we do big events, Brian is never in charge. Like NEVER so I guess this is a big deal fo him. Him and Melanie are good friends, better friends than me and her and I don't even like saying that.

Brian then lets out a sigh, "I just want this birthday to be special to her. She told me her last birthday wasn't great because she spent it alone and other stuff happened that includes her ex, but we won't get into it. So guys, please try your best to make this a good well put together party. For Mel's sake not mine"

"I know me and Will were 'complaining' about our jobs but it was all just for shits and giggles. Melanie is our friend and we want this to be special for her too. It's really big of you to plan this whole thing for her. She deserves it" Crawford said.

"I would prefer a better job-" we all looked at Will and gave him a glare. This man can never read the room, "-but it's all for Melanie!"

"Thanks guys"

"No problem Brian. Like Crawford said, this is really nice of you. You're a good friend to Mel" I said, standing up and patting him on the back.

He lets out a sigh and smiles, "I know"

Brian puts the poster boards in his closet just in case Melanie came into his room and saw it. After a couple minutes, we all left Brian's room and walked to the main area of the house and when we did, Melanie walked into the house with a bag and she had a huge smile on her face.

The one thing about Melanie is she is always so happy and positive. Her smile can light up a whole room and I don't think she knows that. It's refreshing seeing her smile and I think the rest of the boys can agree with me. That's why I'm kinda glad Brian planned something for her. She is such an amazing person and friend. I hope we can show her that with the party we are planning for her.

"Brian, you had me traveling across California looking for that bag of chips"

"It's okay if you couldn't find them" Brian said with a nervous smile. I wanted to laugh, but I held it in. He is horrible with being under pressure and holding a lie. That's why he's never the leader.

"No I found them" Melanie says and then she pulls them out of the grocery bag they were in.

Brian's eyes widen and then he smiles, "thanks!" He goes over to her to take the chip bag.

"I thought those didn't exist" Oscar whispered to me.

I just shrugged, confused as well. We'll keep that to ourselves though.

A/N: PARTY TIME! Lets go 😊