Chapter 60 - hide

Forever - labrinth

"You're eye is healing nicely now. I bet you're glad I treated it" Melanie said with a smile as her and her boyfriend walked outside in a plaza like mall area. She was showing Jc around her hometown and all the places she use to go to as a child and teen. Now Jc has been to Florida but only the very popular parts with my city life like Miami and Orlando so to him it was nice to see the hidden towns and what they have in them.

"I guess I am," Jc mumbled and placed his sunglasses back on to cover his eyes, "where are we going now? My feet are killing me"

"We've only been out for 2 hours"

"Hence why my feet hurt"

Jc and Melanie had to look for nice, sophisticated outfits for her brothers art show that was going to be tomorrow. Now, Jc was going to where something along the lines of a button up with some black jeans but Melanie didn't approve. She picked out his outfit and bought it as well. Jc was of course in disagreement with it but in return, he paid for her outfit.

Melanie laughed, "don't worry, I'm taking you to this burger places that I love and before we go back to LA, you have to try it"

"Lead the way baby"

They finally made it to the burger places called 'Anthony's Slammin' Burgers'. It looked very run down but a lot of people were lined up to get something from here.

With Melanie leading the way, the two walked into the restaurant and when the owner saw Melanie, his smile grew from ear to ear, "look who it is! I haven't seen you since you were like, what, 16?"

"Hi Anthony. How's it goin'?"

"Amazing now that my favorite customer is here and she brought a friend"

"This is my boyfriend Jc. Jc this is the owner and a family friend, Anthony"

Anything stuck out his hand making Jc shake it with a smile, "nice to meet you"

"He's not from around here and I wanted to show him my favorite place to eat"

"Ah yes, helping to grow my business I see" Melanie giggles, "what can I get started for you two?"

Both Melanie and Jc placed their orders and as Anthony and other workers were making what they ask for, they just couldn't be away from each other. They were laughing and messing around trying to make the other laugh. Anthony thought to himself that he hasn't seen love like this in a while- young love. It was rare but he was blessed that he got to witness it especially with Melanie since he knew her since she was in middle school. To see her this happy made him want to tear up. He viewed Melanie as his own daughter and he hopes that her new boyfriend doesn't go breaking her heart. She didn't deserve that.

Jc and Melanie got their order and decided to eat outside to catch some fresh air. Plus the little restaurant was just off the beach so it was a nice scenery as well. Since Melanie was holding the bag of cloths, Jc was holding the food as the continued their walk outside to find a seat.

The soon decide to sit at a table that had an umbrella over it to stop the sun from beaming on them. Jc starts to take the food out and places his girlfriend's order in front of her and then gets his. They both start to eat and when Jc took his first bite, his eyes widen, "wow, this shit is good"

"Right!" Jc chuckled and nodded his head as he continued to eat the juiciest burger he's ever eaten. "How are you liking Florida so far?"

"I love it down here. I feel like your hometown is more chill and shit you know. Like in LA, I'm always stressing out but I feel like here, I can relax"

"No definitely. That's why I try to come here when I feel stressed. It helps and brings me some normality"

"Is that why you haven't released your album?"

Melanie hasn't released her album for multiple reasons and she was hoping none of her friends or boyfriend would catch it. If you look into the Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube life, Melanie is considered canceled and a slut for getting with her best friends ex. Her manager said they should push back the release date to next month and Melanie only agreed because of how shitty she felt. Then she stopped uploading videos on YouTube. Melanie really tried to make one a couple weeks ago but she was faking her energy and she didn't want to show that to the world.

"The release date got pushed back to next month. I'm kind of happy it did though"

Jc took of sip of his soda and spoke, "why you say that?"

"I don't think I was ready for it to be released plus I got to do some additional touches to it to make sure it's perfect. At that time I was just stressed about everything that was going on"

When Jc heard Melanie's last sentence, it made him think of the incident with Asher. He knew he had to tell his girlfriend sooner or later about it. Plus, Kian found out about it and had a talk with Jc on the phone about it. Kian went to Asher's house to chill and he saw Asher's face all types of fucked up.

"I have to tell you something" the couple said in unison.

Melanie laughed and Jc said, "you can go first"

Melanie takes a bite of her burger and started talking when she swallowed the piece, "I decided to reach out to Chelsey and explain everything"

Jc's eyes widen, "really? What did she say?"

"She just explain to me how she felt and I told her that I was sorry since I kept this big secret from her and guess what?" Melanie said with a smile. Jc nodded his head for her to continue, "she forgave me and said that it's fine for us to be together. When we go back to LA, we're gonna hang out"

Of course Jc was happy for his girlfriend, but now that he thinks about it, him confronting Asher was of course not necessary and it just made things worse for him. He's glad the two girls discussed their differences though and that Melanie can be happy. Will she be happy about Asher possibly never talking to her. Jc thinks she wouldn't care, but she will be mad about the fight.

"That's awesome baby. I'm glad you two can continue to be friends" Jc grabbed Melanie's hand and rubbed his thumb on the top of it.

"I know but enough about me. What is it that you wanted to tell me?"

He definitely didn't want to tell her now. She was in such a good mood and she looked so happy. Why does everything have to be so complicated. Why can the two just enjoy their burgers in peace.

"I was just gonna tell you that... I'm glad I came down. It makes me happy that you're happy"

Melanie awed and kissed her lovely boyfriend on the cheek.

He could probably hold in the secret for another week or so. I mean, what's so wrong with holding it in a little while longer. The chances of Melanie finding out on her own was very slim because the only person that knows about the fight is Kian and he wasn't going to call Melanie to tell her. Asher also said he wasn't going to contact Melanie so Jc was safe.

For now...

A/N: I'm so slow with these updates I'm sorry lol