Chapter 40 - follow your heart, ignore the rest

|Melanie|

That dinner did not go as planned at all. If I knew it was going to lead to Jc and I fighting in front of the guys, maybe I would've never eaten with them in the first place.

I feel like leaving was a bit dramatic on my part but I couldn't stay there. I was overwhelmed by everything that was going on and if I were to just go to my room, I would just be more upset about the whole situation. I wish Taylor were still here but she left back to Florida yesterday. I didn't want to call her too because of the different time zones; she was probably sleeping. I knew if I came here though, it would be the right decision. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone else at the moment.

Once I parked my car, I got out and locked it. I made my way to the door and knocked; waiting for the person to answer. Door opens and I'm met with Nezza in her bathrobe and sweats.

I know I said I was going to Asher's house, but I only said that to get Jc mad. I know it was wrong of me but tonight, he's done way worse then my little white lie.

"What are you doing here? Is everything okay?" Nezza asked.

I shook my head not being able to form words, "I just really need someone to talk to"

Looking worried, Nezza opens her door wider to let me in. Once I walked into her house, I wrapped my arms around myself as Nezza closed the door. She then walks over to me and gestures me to follow her to her living room. Once we sat down, she looked at me with a sad smile, "so what happened?"

I let out a sigh. I feel like I was breaking the promise I made with Jc, but technically I wasn't telling her what we did the night of my party so... "Jc and I have been fighting for a while and I just needed advice from someone"

"What have you and Jc been fighting about?" I don't know why but I couldn't talk. Like I went to say what happened but it was like I was scared. I didn't want Nezza to judge me. She was great friends with Chelsey too so if she thought what I was doing was bad, I knew my answer. "Melanie, you don't have to be afraid to open up for me. I'm on your side. The point of being your best friend is not only to hang out with you but to be there for you"

I let out a sigh and nodded my head, "Jc said that he likes me and he wants to be with me,"

Nezza smiles, "oh my God! That's amazing!"

I showed a small smile, "yeah, I told him I liked him too-"

"Ha! I knew you guys liked each other!" Nezza cheered while grabbing onto my shoulders and shaking me. Soon she stops and gets serious again when she notice I was looking at her weird, "So what's the problem? What are you guys fighting about?"

"I told him that Chelsey was my best friend and I couldn't date her ex. He would get mad because it seems as though Chelsey was in between us getting together and he doesn't like that. Then, he confessed that he broke up with Chelsey because he developed feelings for me." I let out a shaky sigh, "I feel like complete shit knowing I'm the cause of their break up"

Nezza looked at me confused, "girl that is not your fault. That was Jc decision to break up with her not yours. You weren't the one there to tell him to break up with her, so don't blame yourself"

"I know I shouldn't but I feel like it is" I say as I feel my eyes start to water.

Nezza lets out a sigh and places her hand on my shoulder, "trust me, it's not. People can fall out of love and that was in their case. They lost feelings for each other and Jc finally found someone to move on to. We have emotions and love is the strongest one. That makes us human." I gave Nezza a weird look and then her eyes widen, "I'm not saying Jc loves you! It was just an example!" I let out a chuckle and the tear that was resting on my eye slid down my cheek. Yeah, love shouldn't even be a topic right now. I wiped my tear away, "so don't blame yourself okay?"

I nodded my head, "okay"

"So when are y'all going to start dating?" Nezza said with a smile.

I gave her a weird look, "you think I should date him?"

"Well yeah. That's what happens when two people like each other"

"I just don't want to ruin Chelsey and I's friendship"

Nezza lets out a sigh and faces me, "can I tell you a secret?" I nodded my head, "when Crawford and I were first friends, I remember someone asking me a question saying "who would you date, Corey or Crawford?". I answered Corey because Crawford's ex is my best friend and it would be weird. But then the day he asked me out, I said yes with no hesitation. You might be asking "Nezza why would you do that?" Well, I wanted to follow my heart, you know, think of myself. I always use to put others before myself and at the end, those people always did me wrong. I eventually did tell Emily about Crawford and I and she was upset with me. We soon started talking again-"

"So y'all are close now?" I asked.

Nezza shook her head, "but we do say hi to one another" I let out a sigh and look down at my lap feeling conflicted, "Mel, we are grown adults. You can't always care what people think of you. That's no way to live! I think you should give Jc a chance and tell Chelsey about all this. I feel like she would understand"

"I just don't want to disappoint anyone. I don't want to be the bad person Nezza"

"How does following your heart make you a bad person?" I stood quiet and looked at Nezza. Then I shrugged, "exactly," she forced me to stand up and starts pushing me to her front door.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled

She opens her door and pushes me out. I stumbled and then turned around to face her. She then throws my keys at my chest and luckily I caught them, "go fix all this. I don't need you moppin'." she slams the door in my face and I just stand there in shock.

Wind blows through me, causing me to shiver, "bitch" I mumble and start walking back to my car.

A/N: the video up top is where Nezza explains why she would date Corey and not Crawford :)

Next chapter is going to be good... hopefully