Chapter 19 - anger

|Melanie|

"Why do you sleep for so damn long? Wake up!" I hear someone say. Then, I felt something wet hit my face causing me to sit up and wipe it. I angrily look at the person who did that and of course it was Taylor.

"How the hell did you get in here?"

"Will let me in and told me you were still sleeping"

"Yea and to wake me up, you pour water on my face"

She just smiled and walks over to my desk. She then starts touching my earrings and rings. Taylor LOVES taking my jewelry and keeping it all to herself. It feels like I buy jewelry for her rather than me, "you should be getting ready. We're hanging out with Chelsey today"

"Oh shit. I forgot" I say as I rub my eyes. I couldn't get any sleep last night. I haven't been feeling like myself lately and to be honest, I didn't want to go to Chelsey's house. I feel bad though because she wants to hang out, but I haven't gotten any space for myself.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I'm so exhausted. I've been working on music, trying to edit videos, and going to so many meetings. I haven't gotten any time to myself and to just relax"

"So, you're canceling?"

I let out a sigh and take the covers off my body, "no, I'm just telling you how I feel since you asked"

"Was that sarcasm-"

"No!"

Taylor rolled her eyes, "ohhh, forgot you're not a morning person. I'll leave you to get dress and when you come down stairs, your attitude better be fixed"

Taylor walks out my room and closes her door. I let out a groan and threw myself on my bed.

What the hell is wrong with me?

-------

I decided on wearing skinny jeans, an oversized faded green t-shirt, and my white air forces. My hair was also curly. I wanted to dress comfortably but still stylish.

Also, like Taylor said I had to do, I fixed my attitude. I didn't want to start an unnecessary fight between us over how I'm feeling at the moment. She's leaving to go back home tomorrow and I don't want her leaving on a bad note with me.

Once I made it down the stairs where Taylor was, I showed her a smile, "you ready to go?"

"Yes, I'm so excited. I haven't seen Chelsey in forever"

We walk outside to Taylor's rental car and we start making our way to Chelsey's house. As Taylor kept talking about god knows what, my mind drifts off to someone else. I shouldn't even be thinking about him. It's so wrong. For a week, I've been trying to avoid Jc but that's kinda hard when we live together.

You might be asking, why are you avoiding him? Well, the main reason is the way he is making me feel. I shouldn't be developing feelings for him. That's my best friends ex. It's crossing so many lines between our friendship. I can't even talk to Taylor about this because she literally said she was against girl code and would want me and Jc together.

After about 10 minutes of driving, we finally arrived to Chelsey's house. Hopefully hanging out with both Chelsey and Taylor can take my mind off of Jc.

__________

|Jc|

"We'll see you guys next Friday!" Kian and I screamed and then we ended the video.

"Woah! I'm glad we decided to finish that early" Kian said, moving the camera out the way.

I let out a sigh and rub my face with my hands, "yea"

"What has you in a pissy mood?"

"I'm not- I've just been confused lately"

"About what?"

"If I tell you, you're gonna clown me"

Kian laughs, "I promise I won't"

Lying ass, "how long is it okay to move on from an Ex?"

"Damn my boy wants to move on like that"

"No it's not like that, I've just been taking interest in someone else at the moment"

"Can you tell me who? Is it that girl we met at the party last month?"

"What, ew no"

"Ohhh I know who, Mel's friend Taylor. Literally everyone thinks she's pretty, but Danny called dibs. Who does he think he is?"

"No, not Taylor- Kian I'm not telling you who it is"

"Why!?"

"Because I'm not and why do you keep asking me questions?"

"Bitch because I can. I just want to know what you're going through" I rolled my eyes and start to walk to the kitchen to get me a bottle of juice, "also, I wouldn't recommend moving on so quickly. Isn't Chelsey still bitching at you?"

"Really Kian?"

"Hey, your words not mine"

I took the cap off of my juice and took a sip before I started talking again, "she called me like 2 weeks ago because she thought I was talking to one of her friends and trying to make a move on them"

"Who? Melanie?"

I shook my head, "No. Some other friend. I don't even know her name. I talked to her once and then she goes snitch on me saying that I was flirting when I wasn't" I play with the bottle cap between my figures and then what Kian said a little bit ago finally registered to my mind, "so it isn't okay to move on?"

"I personally just wouldn't recommend it. It's only been like two months and if Chelsey is still on edge, then I would just wait it out"

"It's not fair though. I think I really like this person and the fact that the only person in the way of it is my ex girlfriend, is so annoying"

"Well, I don't know what else to tell you"

"That was some really blunt advice" I said, walking towards my room while drinking my juice.

"Well if I knew my blunt advice would have you stomp up to your room, I would've stuck to not saying shit!"

I stuck up my middle finger at him and walked fully into my room and sat of my couch. I just needed time to think, alone. Not with Kian's bitch ass. He takes stuff serious but not serious at the same time and I don't have the patience for that right now.

He was right in a way though. That I should wait.

How long though?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna ask her out and take her on dates. I just want to get to know her, hang out, maybe even... nevermind.

It's not gonna work though. She's Chelsey's best friend. I feel like she's trying to distance herself from me and that bothers me so much. Maybe this will all change and she'll get comfortable with me.

It's all fucked up because I want something I can't have...

I want Melanie

A/N: guys, this book is number one for #kianandjc (unless it changed but still I'm grateful)! I'm so happy I never thought this story would get that much recognition. Thanks you😁