Chapter 28 - my gift to you

Christmas Day

|Melanie|

My favorite holiday has finally arrived; Christmas! I love the idea of giving presents to the people I love and seeing their reactions. People say that I'm the best gift giver and that when we do secret Santa, they wish that I'm their Santa. I'm not even trying to brag!

Back in LA, the friend group and I exchanged gifts before people started leaving. We did something super small, nothing too crazy. The gifts I got from everyone were amazing, well thought out, and just sweet in general. My favorite gift of all though was from Jc. He got me a Prada purse! He said because I didn't win the trampoline challenge and I couldn't get it with the prize money, he got it for me. I literally almost cried. He didn't have to go all out like that especially for me.

"Mel come on! We're opening gifts!" Vanessa said, barging into my room.

I smiled, "okay, I'm coming"

Slipping on my fuzzy shoes, I followed Vanessa down stairs to the living room where all the gifts were.

"Finally, you're awake. We've been waiting" Jackson said.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "don't worry, everyone's favorite is here. Lets open up some gifts!"

For Vanessa, I bought her a mini iPad and some self care items. She absolutely loved it and kept thanking me. I got Jackson art supplies and these Nike 1's he wanted and for my parents I got them tickets to this football game they both like.

Jackson got me a new camera which I was so grateful for! I don't know how he knew that I needed it. Then my parents got me this huge fuzzy blanket that was very needed as well.

"Can we have breakfast now?" Vanessa asked.

My mom laughs, "of course honey"

"I'll start making pancakes" my dad said, standing up from the couch.

"I'll cut up some fruit" I said, also standing up but from the floor.

It's a family tradition for us to all make a huge Christmas breakfast. Usually, the whole family is included like my aunts, uncles, and cousins but we decided to do a huge dinner with them today instead.

We all start walking to the kitchen, but the doorbell rings, "I'll get it" Jackson says.

The rest of us continue to make our way to the kitchen and make the food we said. I was gonna make a fruit salad, "Mel, I still can't believe you got me an iPad. Thank you so much"

"No problem. I know you've been wanting one so I just got it for you"

"Don't worry, once I get a job, I'm buying you an expensive phone"

I laughed and cut into a banana, "I'll make sure to remind you"

Jackson then comes into the kitchen with a huge vase of roses; my favorite flowers.

"Who are those for?"

"For you Melanie"

Everyone looks at me and I was just standing there in shock. Who the hell sent me flowers?

I walked over to Jackson and take the flowers from him. Then, he hands me a note with my name written in cursive.

"Open it to see whose it from" Vanessa said.

"It was probably from a fan" I said, placing the roses on the counter so that I could open the little note. Come on Mel, is it really from a fan? Maybe it's from Jc-

"Yea okay, what type of fan sends you these gorgeous flowers" my mom says, going up to the flowers to smell them, "honey, you should buy me some"

"I didn't know you like roses too. You said you love tulips so that's what I get you-"

As my parents continue to bicker, I decided to just open the note:

Merry Christmas beautiful, still waiting on ur text ~ A.J.

This caught me off guard. I mean I'm not surprised he knew I was back home; I literally posted on Instagram that I was and Taylor posted a picture of us together. I just didn't think he would be so bold and send me flowers. This is such a sweet gesture that I just didn't expect from him. He still knew my favorite flowers.

If I tell my family that Asher sent me the flowers, they wouldn't like it, especially my brother.

"So who are they from?" Jackson asked.

I chuckled and close up the note, "Taylor"

"Huh, that's kinda weird" Vanessa said.

"Yea, why would she send you roses?" My dad asked.

"What, best friends can send flowers to each other?" I ask in disbelief.

"No that's not what I'm saying-"

"I'm just playing around with you dad but yeah, Taylor sent me the roses as a Christmas gift" I picked up the vase, "I'm gonna take these up to my room"

Everyone mumbled an 'okay' and I made my way to my room. I gently kick the door open and place the roses on the desk. I looked into the note again and smiled. I smiled at the fact that Asher is actually being sweet and trying. He didn't have to do all this. However, my smile soon disappeared. Melanie, do you not remember what this boy put you through. It was like the good and bad angle were on either side of my shoulder and telling me what's right and wrong; what I should or shouldn't do.

Text him

No don't do that!

At least say 'thank you'

You blocked his ass for a reason, DON'T TEXT HIM

He bought you gorgeous flowers, JUST TEXT HIM

I groaned in confusion and out of frustration, I picked up my phone and unblock Asher. Then once I was done typing my message, I sent it:

Melanie
Thank you for the flowers, they are gorgeous

My eyes widen. Why the hell would I send that? Is there a way to delete a sent message. Of course not. This was such a huge mistake. I don't know why I even thought of texting him. The problem with me is that I don't see the bad in people. I'm way to forgiving.

I was gonna text Asher something along the lines of 'forget I texted you I'm not ready', but then I saw he already texted me back:

Asher
You're welcome

A/N: Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄