Chapter 7 - the truth

|Melanie|

Who is the song about?

That's the only question everyone keeps asking me, especially my fans. Thankfully, they are not even close to guessing the right person. My friends don't even know. They didn't really bother asking who it was about, it flew over each of their heads, but once they saw the internet exploding with that number one question, it became their question too. They would joke about it, even the boys. They would say it's about them and laugh about it. One of it is to them, but they can never find out. And that person is Crawford.

God forbid if he finds out, Nezza finds out and that would ruin their relationship and our friendship. I don't want that. I wrote that song to express my feelings of hurt. No one knows what me and Crawford went through before he started dating Nezza and I don't want it to come to air. Besides, it seems like he doesn't even care.

Since releasing the song and music video, I told my followers that I will be taking a short break from making videos. I was still overwhelmed and hurt and I didn't want my fans to witness that. Plus, when I do come back, I had a huge surprise for them.

Today I was just suppose to have a chill day but my friends informed me that they were throwing a small party to celebrate my song hitting number 1. I know, shocking.

I decided to dress nice and wear a black body con dress with a black denim jacket. I did my hair straight and put on my heels. As I was doing this, Oscar walks in and instead of a happy, cheerful face he always pulled with me, it was more serious and urgent.

"We need to talk"

I sigh, "look, if it's about you not finding your bandanna, jc took it"

"What, no-wait he did- wait that's not why I came in here. I have to tell you something" I nodded my head for him to continue, "remember when I used your laptop like a week ago. I found a video"

"What video?"

He lets out a sigh, "I think you were suppose to trash it but you forgot to-"

My eyes widen, "what video!?" I started hoping and praying it was an embarrassing video of me and not the one of me talking to Crawford.

"You were going to tell Crawford you like him"

Damn it

All I did was stay silent as I played with my sleeves, "is the song you wrote about Crawford?!"

I quickly covered his mouth with my hand, "shhhhhhh! Do you want them to hear you" I whisper yell. Oscar goes to say something but I just push my hand on his mouth to keep him shut, "can we talk about this later"

He shook his head rapidly causing me to roll my eyes and take my hand away from his mouth, "What's going on Mel? I thought we were best friends that tell each other everything"

"Oscar, I don't want to explain something to you since you're technically Crawford's friend. I'm fine ok"

"It doesn't matter and those lyrics say other wise"

I let out a sigh and cross my arms, "Oscar it's a very long story that I don't want to get into-"

"We have time. Party doesn't start in 2 hours" he sat down on my bed and that just made me roll my eyes. I forgot how stubborn Oscar was. I couldn't just push this away.

I sat down next to him and got ready to explain everything...

2 months ago

Crawford and I were at Chic-Fil-A and eating outside together. He seemed bummed out lately and I decided to treat him since he's done so much for me.