Chapter 56 - perfectly imperfect

Instagram: melaniegarcia

Liked by taylorquinn, jccaylen, and 1,523,555 others

melaniegarcia: love being back home🎵💗

comments have been disabled

---------

|Jc|

Today was a very odd day to say the least, then again I should be use to it. It's been two weeks since what last happened at the campsite. It was awkward as hell since Chelsey couldn't leave before us and actually had to leave with us. She threw the biggest fit and wouldn't go in the car with Mel or I. She ended up going in the third car, which was Dylan's, and he had to drive her and Franny home. It was a whole mess and then Melanie felt like complete shit and wouldn't talk to anyone, not even me.

When we came back home, she went straight to her room and didn't come out for a least four days. She would only come out to eat or to take Luna on a walk. I tried talking and going on walks with her but she would just ignore me or push me away. The other time she came out of her room was to tell me she was going home to see her family. I offered to come along, hell I was starting to pack, but again, she said she wanted to be alone. I tried getting her to open up to me or even hit me. I just wanted her to open up to me on how she's feeling. All she told me was that she loved me and that she'll be back in two weeks.

I had this horrible feeling in my stomach and my mind was screaming how this was all my fault. In the beginning, a part of me did blame Melanie. Why didn't she tell me Chelsey didn't know? I would've never invited her. But then when Chelsey started saying stuff about her, I knew Melanie felt like it was her fault when it really isn't. It's very hard to explain how I'm feeling and thinking right now. All I know is I just want everything back to normal.

Like I was saying, today was an odd day and that is because Melanie posted on her Instagram but she hasn't been answering me as in picking up my FaceTime or phone calls. She does answer me through text but it's nothing serious. She's very short with her responses and always ends it short with a 'goodnight, I love you' or 'I have to go, I love you'. I'm just glad she still loves me you know. It's not like I was doubting her love, it was just nice to hear especially during this time.

As I kept staring at her Instagram photo, I heard the sliding door open to the backyard. I turned around from my seat and saw Taylor. She showed me a small smile. I did one back and just turned back around.

"Sorry, this is kind of awkward" she mumbled. She grabbed a chair and put it next to me.

I just stood quiet, still looking at Melanie on my phone. She looked a little sad in the photo and I just wanted to pull her into a hug. I know though that she has her brother and sister by her side.

"Have you talked to Melanie?" I asked.

"Oh, yea all the time" Taylor said and I quickly looked at her. She then started laughing, "you should've seen your face. Okay sorry. I'll be serious. Of course I haven't talked to her. She hasn't been talking to me. What about you?"