Chapter 22 - pain and tears

|Melanie|

"Hi Melanie"

"What are you doing here?" I say in a low whisper, not wanting my other friends to hear.

He lets out a sigh and looks down to his shoes, "I just want to talk to you-"

"How did you even find me here? Who told you where I lived?"

"Taylor told me"

I let out a fake laugh, "Asher, come up with a better lie than that"

"I'm not lying- look I didn't come over here to argue with you" Asher said, looking down at me. The angry look on my face was still there and I don't think it was going to go away soon.

"Then why did you come here? You just being in my presence is making my blood boil"

Asher goes to say something but was cut off, "Mel, who's at the door?" Jc said from behind me. Great, this situation can't get any worse.

"No one, they were just leaving"

"Mel, please stop pushing me away. I just want to talk to you" Asher said.

"Look bro, if she doesn't want to talk to you then you should go" Jc said, pushing me to the side to stand in front of me.

"And who are you?" Asher said.

"The owner of this house. I don't remember inviting you over"

"Guys, what is going on- who the hell is this?" Oscar said.

"I didn't come here to talk to you guys. I came to talk to Melanie"

"If you want to talk to Mel, I have to be in the room" Jc said.

I placed my hand on Jc's shoulder and pushed him back, "it's fine Jc" I whispered.

"Mel I'm not leaving you alone with him. Who even is he?" Jc whispered back.

I let out a sigh, "my ex. Don't worry, I'll have him go home"

I was about to walk out the house with Asher, but then Jc called my name, "Melanie-"

"I'll be back, hold on" I said to everyone, mainly to Jc since he was more concerned. I'm sure everyone else was too, but he was more vocal about it.

I closed the door behind me. Asher and I stood on the pavement just staring at each other. The wind blew through my hair and it made me shiver, "can we make this quick, it's cold out here"

Asher let's out a sigh, "I've missed you"

I let out a dry laugh, "don't start with that bullshit. You didn't miss me when you went to that party and hooked up with your "best friend""

About a year ago, Asher and I dated, if you couldn't tell. We were so happy, but the last couple of months of us being together, we would constantly fight over stupid shit. It was really bad. Each day would end with us saying "I hate you" to each other, but each morning would start with an "I love you". We were very toxic and I wasn't happy at all. One night, I made him his favorite dinner and planned our night together, but he had other plans. He went to a party and slept with the girl he told me to not to worry about. You know how much of a idiot I felt like? It took me so long to recover from that and now I'm just over it, so me seeing him show up at my door just pissed me off.

He moved a little closer but I quickly backed away, "I didn't mean for that to happen. Melanie, I was drunk"

"Drunk actions are sober thoughts" I bitchily said.

He chuckled, "you still have that attitude huh?"

"Asher, what was the point in you coming here?"

His face gets serious; licking his lips and stared directly into my eyes. He knew my weakness was his eyes, "you don't understand how much it hurts me to wake up and you're not next to me"