Chapter 11 - coming clean

|Melanie|

The worst thing to live with is regret.

And guilt.

That's what I'm feeling now.

When I released the song, I thought that was the best decision I could make. At the moment, it was smart. It was a good plan to express my feelings without anyone knowing who it could be about especially my friends.

Especially Nezza and Crawford

I didn't care if I was going to loose a friendship with Crawford, I just didn't want to loose one with Nezza. She's been through all my ups and downs. I don't want my song to change that.

She was coming over today and I wanted to sit down and have a talk with her. I couldn't live with this staying in my mind and not telling anyone, especially the people who need to know.

I wanted to start off with Nezza because I feel like I've been keeping a lot of things from her. If I would've just told her how I felt about Crawford from the beginning, maybe this could've all ended differently for my sanity at least.

I hear my door open and when I look up I see Nezza, "I came as fast as I could. What did you want to tell me?" She asked. She walked over to my bed and sat next to me, "and why are you still in your pjs and look sad. What's going on?"

"I don't want you to hate me"

"Girl, why would I hate you?"

I let out a sigh, "you know when you like a guy and you care so much about them and you think they like you back but turns out, they never did. They gave you all these mix signals and now they are with someone else and you can't be mad because they look so perfect for each other. But you were mad and made a song that went trending all around the world and now the most popular question everyone has is "who is the song about" and you can't say because it would ruin a relationship"

"This sounds like you, but I'm still confused"

"Before you and Crawford got together, I thought he liked me and i was going to tell him I like him, but then that day I found out he asked you out. I was hurt and I wrote a song and it's all about him" I looked down at my lap, "I just want to tell you Nezza that I don't like him anymore and that was just a thing before you guys got together"

"Melanie-" I looked up and Nezza still had a smile on her face. Why is she smiling? Shouldn't she be killing me or some shit? "-why would I be mad. This happened before me and Crawford were a thing. It's okay. Don't start saying sorry for something as silly as that"

"Bitch if you're mad you have the right to yell at me" I said standing up, "punch me or something. I was going after your man. Why aren't you mad?"

"Crawford already told me what happened between you two"

My eyes widen, "he did?"

"Yes. It's totally fine and trust me I know you don't like him it's all good. Your song is beautiful and it has a lot of meaning to you and the way your life is. Don't be sorry for that. We are good and trust me, if I was mad, you would know bitch. I love you to death"

I let out a laugh and wiped the tear that was building up in my eyelids, "sorry I get emotional"

"STOP SAYING SORRY!" Nezza said while laughing. She then walked over and gave me a hug and I hugged back.

As we hugged, I heard a knock on my door and the door open. Nezza and I look over and it's Crawford, "sorry, I was eavesdropping"

"You forgive me?" I ask, pulling away from Nezza.

"Of course I do Mel. Even if the song is about me, it doesn't matter. It's a good song and I now have bragging rights to it" Crawford said and I let out a laugh.

"Imma leave you two alone. Y'all need to still talk this out" Nezza said, "don't kill each other" Nezza walks out my room and it was now just Crawford and I.

He let out a sigh and stuffed his hands in his front pockets, "I'm sorry for hurting you Mel. I never meant to do that. I'll be honest, I did have feelings for you, but I also had feelings for Nezza. I was confused and I regret putting you in the middle of that"

I showed him a small smile, "it's okay. I forgive you and don't worry, I don't like you anymore"

Crawford put a hand on his chest, "damn I don't know if I should be hurt or okay with it"

I let out a laugh, "I like you as a best friend"

He smiled, "I like you as a best friend too" he opened his arms, "come on, bring it in"

I playfully rolled my eyes and gave him a hug. We then pulled away, "don't worry, I'm still keeping this a secret, you know, who the song is about"

"Yea that's a good idea"

I nodded my head and then punch his arm, "come on. Me, you, and Nezza are having a movie night"

I ran out my room as Crawford yells at me for punching him.

Thankfully everything is back to normal.