Chapter 8 - make up and rumors

|Melanie|

I was doing a collab with the one and only James Charles. He was going to do my make up and ask me questions about my song. I was excited but also nervous. I knew the question about who the song was about was coming up. The girls also kept asking if they could come but I told them no since I was so nervous and them being there would've made my nerves way worse.

I sat next to James and then he started his video, "hey sisters!" We both said at the came time.

"welcome back to my channel! As you can see I am joined today with the singer and youtuber Melanie Garcia"

"Hey guys!" I said blowing a kiss and waving to the camera.

"I'm going to be doing her makeup and asking her questions about her and her newest hit song "You Broke Me First" so let's get started"

"Omg can I be honestly with you?"

"Of course what's up?" James asked

"Like I'm into make up, but I don't really know how to do it"

James gasp, "what do you do?!"

"I only use foundation and concealer. Then I put on lipgloss"

"Bitch you're lying"

I laughed, "or my friends do my make up"

"Omg you are getting a full glam then" James started to apply foundation and started to part it around my face to blend it, "okay so let's start by introducing yourself for the viewers who don't know you"

"Well, you guys already know my name. I'm 19 years old and was born in Florida. I lived in a very small town and there's not much to do, so I started making YouTube videos. I then gained a big following my senior year of high school" James starts to pat the foundation around my eyes, so I closed them, "I also started singing around this time"

James gets the concealer and puts it under my eyes, "did you like your high school experience"

"I did actually. I had a good amount of friends and I also made friends on the internet. That's where I met my best friend Chelsey. Over my senior year, she introduced me to her friend who now I consider friends"

"Oooh, tell me about them as well"

I laughed, "Chelsey introduced me to Nezza and Franny and now the four of us are like besties. Then you have the boys who all give me a headache" me and James both laugh, "nah but I love them to death. The only ones I knew in the beginning were Kian, Jc, and Oscar. But then I moved into the C4 house and was introduced to Will, Crawford, and Brian. We have all gotten close ever since"

James started doing my eyeshadow which was a maroon and pink that were going to be blended together, " so the people living in the C4 house is Jc, Oscar, Crawford, Will, Brian, and Chelsey?" I nodded my head, "girl that's a lot of boys. Good looking ones even, you ain't crushing on one? Especially Oscar or Crawford?"

"James I know you did not!" I said laughing my ass off.

"What I'm serious stop laughing!" He said

"No. I'm not crushing on any of them especially Oscar and Crawford. I consider them like my older brothers especially Oscar. He is always giving me advice and is always there for me. Also, Crawford is in a relationship with Nezza and they are the absolute cutest. Jc is the meanest to me though"

James laughed, "aww okay, but call me if you get with one of them" James started to put on yellow eyeshadow on the corner of my eyes and then blended it to orange.

"Okay James" I said sarcastically.

"Okay, now about your song, how did you write it? What were your emotions?"

"'You Broke Me First' is basically a break up song or a whole 'fuck you' to boys that break girls and boys hearts for no reason. When I was writing this song, I put in all my hurt emotions into this. I poured out all the pain into my words to just get rid of them from my mind. It took me at least one day to write this song and the next day I remember recording it, sending it to my manager and she scheduled me to make a music video"

"Girl, your words spoke so much to me. Boys can be such horrible people that when I listened to the song, I cried" James said.

"Aww James"

"No it's all good. I let out all my emotions that I was holding and it was a good thing to do. I'm always so busy that letting out my emotions isn't really an option for me"

"I understand. I'm glad my song spoke to you in that way. The purpose of releasing that song wasn't only to help myself but to help other boys and girls know that they are not alone when they have their hearts broken"

James then started putting a gold foil on my eye lids, "okay now last question and this one has been very popular, who is the song about?"

I let out a deep breath, "I will just like to say, no one knows the answer to this. Not even my close friends. I wanted to tell the truth here" James smiled, "I wrote this song about someone in my life that held a special spot in my heart. They were there for me, but then all of a sudden left with no explanation, making me feel like it was my fault. Maybe it was I will never know, but I hope he will soon see how much he hurt me, but I'm happy for him. I'm happy that he... he's doing better and is happy. I will not be saying the name since it's personal. I'll just say he's an ex"

"Well, that ex didn't deserve you, you are a beautiful queen and deserve so much better" James applies my lipstick and smiles, "and... we are done!" He sprayed on setting spray, making me shiver. He passed me a mirror and when I saw the make up I gasp, "you like it"

"Bitch, you are a whole ass artist. I love it. How the fuck did you do this!"

"Time and practice"

"Thank you so much James! You did such an amazing job!" I gave him a hug.

"No problem! You look sister snatched so my work here is done!"

James and I took a couple of pictures for our Instagrams and ended the video. It was a good interview to say the lease.

•••

A/N: lil interview. Also school is really KILLING me and I'm trying to write this and do my work so bare with me.