Chapter 43 - witty bestie

|Melanie|

|Melanie|

"You wanna go see auntie Chelsey?" I ask Luna with a wide smile. I don't know why I acted like I would get a response. All she did was wag her tail happily as she looked up at me.

Recently, Chelsey got a new dog as well and we wanted to have a little play date for them. We thought we could take them to the park. Also, today I was going to tell Chelsey about Jc and I. Was I nervous? Yes, but I needed to get this off my chest. She has the right to know about Jc and I. If I do tell her, she would be the only person in the friend group that knows about us. I'm surprise the boys haven't even found out yet.

Parking into the parking spot, I made sure to put on Luna's leash before opening my door. I placed her on the ground, grabbed my mini purse, and closed the door. The park wasn't that packed but the playground area was filled with little kids. Thankfully Luna loves meeting new people. She doesn't have one violent bone in her little body. She's a very calm dog.

Soon I found Chelsey sitting at a bench with her dog who I still don't know the name of. She would throw a ball and he would go get it to bring it back to her.

Luna and I walked over to them and when Chelsey saw me, she smiled, "finally! You're here" She got up and gave me a hug.

"Sorry I took so long" I said with a laugh while hugging her. We pulled away.

"I'm just messing around. Anyway, this is Charlie" she knelt down to rub his head and also put his leash on.

"Awww he's adorable!" I awed.

"And this little girl must be Miss Luna"

I looked down at her and she just sat quietly on the ground while taking in her surroundings.

"So should we just walk around the park?" I asked Chelsey.

She nodded, "yeah, lets go"

---------

We hung out at the park for at least an hour or two just catching up and talking to each other. Then, we played fetch with our dogs and they ended up liking each other which is a good thing.

Soon, Chelsey and I decided to stop at Starbucks to have a drink and just relax. We were sitting at the outside tables and I was drinking a mango dragonfruit lemonade refresher while Luna was just laying on my lap. She basically ran around the entire park and now she's all tired out.

"So, how is everyone in the house?" Chelsey asked.

I nodded my head, "everyone's good. It does get crazy at times living with a bunch of boys but we do have some good days"

She smiles, "I miss living there" she says as she leans back in her chair.

"Yea, I kinda miss having another female around. It could sometimes get overwhelming, but Nezza is usually over." I took a sip of my drink, "plus I barely see you anymore!"

"What can I say, I turned into a busy woman" I let out a laugh, "nah but I'm always working my ass off to distract myself. Every time I log onto social media, I always hear something about Jc"

I cringe at Chelsey bring up Jc. I didn't cringe in a bad way, but in a nervous way. I wanted to tell Chelsey about Jc and I but I don't know what's making me have second thoughts about it. I'm just scared how she would react. "Damn I'm sorry" I respond.

She lets out a sigh, "and I always see people shipping you guys and it honestly so annoying. Do you see them?"

I let out a fake laugh. If I'm being honest, I haven't seen anything about it. Maybe a couple comments here and there, but not a whole bunch, "yeah"

"Like it's so disrespectful to you. You're my best friend and you would never date Jc"

"Right! I don't know why anyone would ship us. He's just a really good friend of mine"

"Exactly! Like why can't girls just be friends with the opposite sex without being shipped with them?"

I just nodded while taking a sip from my drink. I didn't know what to say. I wasn't gonna just come out and tell her that Jc and I are in fact dating. Not after her little rant. It was honestly making me feel guilty.

"I'm glad you respect girl code Mel. I know Taylor is always like "fuck girl code" but I'm glad at least you believe in it" ha, if only you knew?

"Of course. I would n-never do that to you" I said with a nervous smile.

Chelsey didn't really pay any mind to it and just clinked her cup with mine.

"And I would never do that to you either"

"To be honest, I wouldn't mind you dating Asher. We've been broken up for so long. Plus, we're friends" maybe me saying this would get her to lighten up with the fact of dating a friends ex.

She lets out a laugh, "but I would never date Asher. He's an asshole"

"I'm just saying I wouldn't mind though"

"Please, if I'm gonna date your ex, which I won't- actually I never would do that. I don't see myself doing that. No offense, but Asher seems like a person I would have a one night stand with. Not a long time relationship"

I thought about what she said and slowly nodded my head, "yeah I get that"

"You guys were cute though. Y'all were like the dark couple but you were more sweeter"

"Aw thanks" I said with a smile. She dropped her napkin and when she went to pick it up, I rolled my eyes since she wasn't seeing what I was trying to say.

Melanie, she's just being a good friend! She wouldn't do what you're doing right now.

So all my life I'm going to have to hide Jc and I just to make Chelsey not hate me? This whole thing has me thinking I'm a bad friend.

Well I kind of am. Girls who usually fat their best friends ex get this bad label on them and I don't even want to know what the media would say about this. They'll probably shit on me for the rest of my life.

"Whatever the media is saying, don't worry! I will always believe you. I just wanted to share my opinion on it. People think they know our lives, but the truth will always be told by us"

A/N: I had writers block for this chapter; that's why it's so short. Also, Jc's dog is perfect timing so Bambi will be Luna :)