Chapter 24 - yellow

|Melanie|

It has been a week since Asher showed up to the house and I haven't been more confused in my life. I didn't know wether I should text him or not; to actually have a civilized conversation with him rather than us just screaming at each other. I remember a year ago I wanted nothing to do with him and I wanted him out of my life. I don't know what changed my mind now. It's not like I want to get back together with him, at least I don't think I do.

It was now late at night, around 11 o'clock and I was not tired at all. I was wearing sweats and a tank top, about to get ready for bed. My candle and fairy lights were on as music played softly in the background. I was also writing some song ideas and YouTube video ideas.

I heard a soft knock at my door and I shouted "come in"

Jc walks in and he had a huge smile on his face as he showed me the bag of candy he got, "you wanna share the sour patches with me?"

"Uh duh" I said and patted my bed, signaling him to sit here.

He sat down and put the bag of candy in between us. I took a blue one and placed it in my mouth, "what's your favorite flavor? Mines is the blue and red one"

Jc laughed, "those aren't flavors, those are colors"

"You know what I mean"

"Well I like the blue raspberry and cherry one too"

"Great minds think alike"

Lowly in the background, Yellow by Coldplay started playing. I really liked this song. It reminds me of a person finally finding their person or their "yellow". I wish I found mine.

"I just want to let you know that I'm here for you" Jc said and I looked up at him, "I know it hurts going through a break up, even if it happen such a long time ago, but bottling up your feelings will only make it worse"

I let out a sigh, "I know"

"How come I never heard of this guy?"

"I never talked about Asher because I was embarrassed"

Jc showed me a confused look, "embarrassed about what?"

"About how naive I was" Jc still looked confused, "he was really good friends with this girl and told me that I had nothing to worry about. I trusted him. I let them continue to hang out. I didn't want to be the crazy controlling girlfriend that won't let her boyfriend be friends with the opposite sex. They hooked up at this party but then I found out that wasn't even there first time even doing that together. That was just the first time they got caught"

"Mel, you can't blame yourself for that. That's his fault for sneaking around and losing you"

"I blame myself for being too naive and quiet about the whole situation. I should've said something if it bothered me, but I didn't"

"But shouldn't that show you growth in yourself," Jc said, "you're not always going to get a happy ending in a relationship"

"I guess" I said, popping another sour patch in my mouth.

"What did he say that day he came over?"

"Nothing special. It was basically that he's sorry and wants to talk this whole thing out and get back together"

"What did you say?"

"I haven't said anything. I told him I'll text him when I'm ready to talk"

Jc eats a sour patch and lays down on my bed, "what are you gonna say?"

I thought for a moment. I honestly was thinking about just ghosting him, but I can't. He already commented on my Instagram and half of my fans saw it. I don't know what gave him the right to do that and I thought I blocked him on there. Even though I want nothing to do with him, I feel like I do need to talk to him. When I left him a year ago after I found out what he did to me, I didn't tell him I was leaving. I didn't say anything to him. I packed my bags, left him a note that said 'we're done', and blocked him from contacting me. Plus, that wasn't the only reason I left. He was very manipulative and so hypocritical. Maybe that's why I was so trusting towards him.

I looked over at Jc with a smirk, "I don't know Caylen, what do you think I should say?"

He laughed, "come on Mel, this is serious"

"I am too. It's a genuine question"

"Well, as the protective friend that I am I would say to never contact him again" I giggled, "but the right thing to do is hear what he has to say"

I let out a sigh, "is it bad that I don't want to"

It was quiet for a bit until Jc sat up and faced me, "here, since you don't want to take this serious," I looked at him weird but was up for whatever this headass had to say. He goes into his pocket and takes out a quarter, "heads you don't text him, tails you do"

"Okay, flip it"

With the flick of his thumb, the quartet goes flying in the air and then falling back down into Jc's hand. He flips it to the back of his other hand while it's now covered, "you ready Ms. Garcia?"

"Born ready bitch!"

He lifts up his hand and shows me what the quarter says, "heads"

I bit my lip and looked up, "I guess I don't have to worry about him"

"Yeah"

Still, Yellow played in the background. Jc and I just stared at each other. I never realized how beautiful they were; his eyes. They had this nice shade and they sparkled from the fairy lights in my room. I will never be the one to say this to his face, but he is really handsome and what makes him even more handsome is that he is such a good person and will do anything to make a person feel safe and happy. That's what he does for me.

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do

A/N: here you go, 2 chapters in one day!

I guess we're not hearing from Asher again... *sigh*