Chapter 41 - mine

Bluffin' by Khalid

Melanie sat cuddled up to Jc in the stream room. They were watching a show in there but the two were just enjoying being in each other's presents. The feeling of comfort that they were experiencing was almost warming and welcoming. They were happy as well.

They heard someone coming towards the room and they immediately pulled away from each other to go on opposite sides of the couch.

Oscar walks in and then looks over at his two friends. He was surprised they weren't bickering. The last time he saw them was at dinner and they weren't really fond of each other. To see them in the same room left him shocked.

"Y'all aren't fighting?" Oscar asked.

"Nope, we said sorry to each other. We're good" Melanie said, looking up at Oscar with a smile.

"Really good" Jc said. He looked at Melanie and then at Oscar.

Oscar being the clueless person he is just nods his head, "great! No more unnecessary fighting! Y'all we're starting to get annoying as fuck" As he was leaving the room, he playfully nudges Melanie head.

Once Jc saw he was out of sight, he looked over at Melanie and motioned her to come closer to him again. Crazy how all of a sudden Jc just couldn't keep his hands off Melanie. It was like he had to always be in contact with her and Melanie honestly didn't mind.

Melanie giggled as she crawled over to him and cuddled to his side again while hugging him by his waist. Jc put his arm around her shoulder and rested his cheek on her head.

How did all of this happened...

__________________

|Melanie|

Standing outside his room at 3 o'clock in the morning was a different type of weird. I didn't want to walk in on him streaming so I just had to stand out and wait. I would just hop on his stream through my phone but then fans of his might see that I'm in and then he'll find out.

I wasn't waiting here for long though. I got back home a while ago and I don't think anyone had a suspicion I was here since they were in their rooms.

Soon, I heard Jc end his stream and that was my cue to go in to confront him. Even though I felt like my heart would fall out of my chest from beating so fast, I walked into his room. When he heard my footsteps, he turned in his chair.

It was quiet for at least a minute or two but then Jc finally spoke, "I was wondering when you were coming back"

"What? Are you gonna lecture me for being out late too?"

"No"

I let out a sigh, "sorry... I didn't mean to come off rude"

"Why are you here then?"

I shrugged, "I don't know- just forget it"

I go to walk out, "I'm sorry!" Jc said, causing me to stop in my tracks, "what I said was fucked up and I said it to only upset you. I regret it"

"There's a lot of things you did tonight that upset me"

"I know and I just want you to know that I'm really sorry"

I crossed my arms, "I'm sorry too" I looked down at my shoes, "just so you know, I didn't go to see Asher. I also said that to anger you"

"Oh thank God" he whispered and I looked at him weird, "I mean- oh okay that's... good"

"How is it fair that I can't get mad that a girl was here but if I go to Asher's it's a crime" I said, walking closer to him.

"The difference is that girl helps me with Tixxo. Nothing more. Asher has history with you"

I shrugged, "I wouldn't want to be with him though-" This was my chance. To confess to him how I felt and that I wanted to take to take this to another level. A level that would make me happy, "-I want to be with you"

With a shocked expression, Jc stared at me, "seriously?"

I was already so deep in. I couldn't take it back. That would literally crush his heart. I was only following what Nezza said. I had to do stuff that made me happy and not care what others think.

"Yes" I said in a whisper but I knew Jc heard me when he pulled me into a hug making me laugh, "we have to set rules though."

"Of course whatever you want" he mumbled into my neck.

Soon we pulled away and sat on his bed to discuss the rules, "we can't tell anyone about us. Especially our friends. I want this to be a secret"

"Right. Got it"

"We do that until I find out a way to tell Chelsey about us"

"No I get it. Don't stress" he said then he nudged his shoulder with mine, "I just wish I could show you off"

I blushed and nudged him back, "and no flirting in front of people; I know how you get"

He shrugged, "I'll try"

"You won't try, you will"

Jc chuckled and then he stared at me, "I'm glad you consider dating me. I know Chelsey might get in the way but don't worry, we'll figure something out"

I smirked, "who said we were dating? You never asked me out"

He laughed, "damn, you like it old fashion?" I nodded my head, "well miss Melanie Garcia, would you do me the honors and be my girlfriend?"

"Eh, I guess"

Jc's mouth opens in shock, "what type of answer is that!?"

I stood up from his bed, "so sensitive but that's what I like about you," I lent down and gave him a kiss on the cheek, "goodnight"

As I start to walk out of Jc's room, he spoke again, "goodnight beautiful"

A/N: yay they are finally together!