Chapter 33 - confusing notes

|Jc|

When Oscar and I got back to the house, I ran up to my room while Oscar ran to his room to hide the bags of decorations and alcohol. Before we came back, Will told us that Melanie was still home so we had to be very discreet while coming in. I ran up to my room to purchase the tickets and have them printed out to put them in the card I got her. I've heard some of Bad Bunny's songs so I couldn't really be confused on why Melanie would want tickets to him. He's a really good singer even though I have no clue on what he's saying.

When I walked into my room, I made sure to close the door behind me and lock it. If Melanie were to come in here and see it, it would ruin the surprise and I love surprising people with gifts. I go on my computer and go to Ticketmaster to buy the tickets. I found these seats that were kind of close to the stage and I went to go get them but when I clicked on them, someone already purchased them. "What the hell!" I start to look for any other seats around that and I found another two seats in the row behind the original row I was gonna pick until it got taken. I quickly made the purchase and thankfully I got the tickets. I let out a quiet "yes" and start to print out the tickets. Once they came out the printer, I grabbed the paper and ran out the room. I wanted to show the boys what I got for Mel and see their reaction to it. They were all in the streaming room watching tv. I stood in front of it with a smile on my face.

"Move out the way, the games on" Will said.

"I want to show you guys what I got Melanie"

"Where even is she?" Oscar asked.

"She's on the phone with Taylor. Do y'all want to see it or not?"

Dylan, Will, Brian, and Oscar all nod their heads. I take the tickets out from behind me, "I got her tickets to Bad Bunny"

"No way! Where's my ticket?!" Oscar said, standing up from the couch to look at the tickets.

I just decided to ignore his comment, "damn that's a really nice gift Jc. She's gonna love it" Dylan said, "I just got her a Visa card because she loves shopping"

"Jc just has to go the extra mile" Will says jokingly. I mock what Will says and then Crawford and Nezza walk in.

"We're back- wait where's Mel?" Nezza says.

"Don't worry, she's in her room talking to Taylor" Brian said.

"Nezza and I invited everyone we knew so now we just have to pick up Taylor tomorrow" Crawford said as him and Nezza sit on couch.

"Great. Everything is coming along well" Brian said with a smile.

"What is Oscar looking at?" Crawford asked.

I snatch the paper away from Oscar and show it to Nezza and Crawford, "I just got Mel the best gift ever and it's tickets to see her favorite artist, Bad Bunny"

Crawford smiled at it, "aw she's gonna love it"

"Ummm-" Nezza said in a nervous tone.

My eyes widen, "what's wrong?"

"Don't get upset but..." Nezza lets out a sigh.

"I won't get upset. Just tell me" I say calmly. I hope I won't get mad.

Crawford puts his arm around Nezza's shoulder and rubbed it, "Chelsey bought her tickets to that same show"

It goes quiet in the room. I just crossed my arms across my chest. Of course Chelsey would buy her tickets. We basically have the same gift. I can't give these to Melanie. It would just make everything so uncomfortable. That just leaves me back to square one of not having a gift for her. I really thought this gift was good, but apparently it's popular to others.