Chapter 46 - caught ya

Off My Face by Justin Bieber

The last time Melanie was on a date was like forever ago. She couldn't even remember. She was having such bad week and this new turn of events is about to make it her best. She's been wanting to tell Jc that they should go on a real date but she was too scared to. She thought that they were only suppose to be extra secretive which would include no public dates.

As Melanie leaves her bathroom and walks into her room, she starts to get ready. She wanted to look cute but casual so she decided on wearing a white summer dress that had little roses all over it and her red slip on vans. For her hair, she straighten it because she didn't want to deal with her curls. God forbid she had a bad curl day. She was not up to deal with that. Finally, it was time to do her make up. She didn't want to do too much on her face but just enough. She put on light foundation, concealer, a light pink eyeshadow with black eyeliner, and obviously some high light on her cheekbones.

Meanwhile with Jc, he was at the beach doing some last minute details for the picnic he set up for his date with Melanie. He was very nervous and for one specific reason.

Running his hands through his hair, he dials a number into his phone that has become a great friend to him now. He places the phone to his ear and waits for the person to pick up.

"Yo"

"Asher, are you on your way to get her?"

"Yea I'm like 5 minutes away"

"Thanks again for helping me"

"No need to thank me. I want what's best for Mel and you doing this for her makes me happy. You're the type of guy she needs in her life. This is very nice of you"

Jc was happy to hear someone approved of their relationship especially her ex. He thought with him in the picture, it would be the cliche jealous ex trying to break up the two love birds but for Asher, it was the opposite. He wanted them together in a weird way. He wants what's best for her is all.

"I never really took her on a proper date so I feel like this would be good for us"

Asher lets out a small chuckle, "yea I get it. Well I'll call you when we're close by"

"Alright"

When the two boys hung up, Asher continued his journey to the C4 house. He would never admit it out loud but he was scared to go to the house. He still thinks about the day he abruptly showed up and made a fool of himself. Then again he shouldn't care since he was now friends with Mel and Jc. So the two people who can protected him like him.

He was now parked outside and gave Melanie a text that he was outside. She found this weird since Asher never texted her before hand that he was coming over. She had plans and if he was coming over to hang out, she would gladly cuss him out for showing up unannounced.

Melanie
Not to be rude but why are you here :)

Asher
I'm ur chauffeur silly

Melanie really doesn't mind that her ex and current boyfriend are getting along but she really didn't want her ex bringing her to her date. She understands that no one else can know about that but damn, Jc could've just called an Uber if anything.

Putting on some lipgloss and her Versace perfume, she grabbed her phone and headed out her room to go down the stairs. Of course, all the boys including Dylan and Kevin, were downstairs in the main area of the house. Why couldn't they just be in the streaming room while I was leaving? Melanie thought.

Quietly, she tried to leave the house without her friends noticing but of course they did, "where you goin' dressed like that?" Oscar asked with a smile.