give your heart a break

song for the chapter: give your heart a break - demi lovato

31 weeks pregnant

a smile crept on my face as i placed a frame down on my dresser. i decided that it would be best for luna and i if i moved back to michael and i's house. he isn't here and all of luna's stuff would be impossible to move into bee's house. it would just be easier for me to live here with luna then to be couch-surfing. 

"are you sure you wanna stay here? you're more than welcome at my house."

bee said as they stood in the doorway.

"yeah. it'll be better for luna and i. besides, i don't wanna burden you."

"alex, you are never a burden. and i'm always going to support what you want to do. but i just want you to make sure you're doing the best thing for you and luna."

"i am. don't worry."

i said as i hugged bee.

"okay. i'll get out of your hair. call me if you need anything."

"will do!" 

i said as bee walked out of the room. i kept unpacking the little bag of clothes i had taken to bee's when i heard someone walk through the door. who could be here? i wasn't expecting anyone.

"hello? bee?"

i called as i walked out of my bedroom. and that's when i saw michael coming down the hallway.

"you've gotta be kidding me."

i said as i went to turn around and walk away from him. but michael grabbed my wrist.

"alex! i've been texting you nonstop."

michael said.

"well there was probably a reason why i didn't answer."

i said as i snatched my arm away from him.

"please just talk to me. that's all i want."

michael said. i sighed as i crossed my arms across my chest.

"why are you even here?"

i asked him.

"i needed to pick up some things. why are you here?"

"i'm moving back in. i want luna to have a home. i can't live in bee's apartment when luna is here. so i came back home."

i sighed. a silence fell over us before michael spoke up again.

"you know, i have missed you and luna. a lot. and even if you don't want to be with me, i would still like if you give me a chance to be your best friend and luna's dad. please give me another chance."

michael said. i sighed as i looked away.

"fine. i'll give you another chance. but you have a lot of work to do."

i said before turning around and walking into my bedroom. i don't know if michael is going to be able to make it up to me. i hope he can. i want my best friend back. i want luna to have her dad. and i just hope he can do it.

+

the cold air hit my wet cheeks as i stared out at the sunset. one of the reasons michael and i chose to move into this house was because of the view. it sits on a hill and the view is really beautiful. it's nice to just sit on the balcony and let the wind hit me. i get a lot of my thinking done out here.

"it's chilly out here."

i heard michael said as he wrapped a blanket around my shoulders and sat down next to me.

"yeah, it is."

i said as i quickly wiped my tears away, hoping michael didn't see them.

"were you crying?"

"maybe."

i laughed.

"why were you crying?"

michael asked with a bit of a laugh himself. 

"i don't know. life has just sucked recently." 

i sniffled.

"i know. i'm sorry."

michael said as he pulled me close and i rested my head on his shoulder.

"are you really going to try hard? cause i need to know if you're in this 100%."

"i'm in this 100%. don't worry about it."

michael said as i nodded.

"if you're really in this, i guess i should show you what you're in for."

i said. i pulled the new ultrasound picture from my pocket and handed it to michael. as soon as his eyes landed on it, tears fell down his face.

"she's gotten so big. she's definitely my daughter."

michael said as we both laughed.

"she's all yours."

i said with a smile. michael looked down at my bump and went to touch it, but stopped himself.

"i-is it okay if i touch you?"

michael asked. that broke my heart. i don't want michael to think that he has to walk on eggshells around him.

"you don't have to ask, mikey."

i said as i grabbed his hand and placed it on my bump.

"hey luna. it's daddy. i've missed you so much."

michael said. as soon as he spoke, luna started kicking where michael's hand was.

"she's missed you so much."

i said with a smile.

"i've missed her too. more than anyone knows."

michael said. i rested back on my seat as michael began to sing to luna. i laughed as i heard michael's voice crack.

"shut up."

michael said as he looked up at me. 

"oh, don't get so butthurt. it was funny."

"see, this is why luke is the lead singer."

michael said with a roll of his eyes and a smile on his face. he began to sing again as i fell asleep on the lounger. i've missed this. i've missed being around michael. and i can tell he's so happy to be around luna and i again. i just hope this lasts.