all the blame

song for the chapter: love a girl right - little mix

waking up today seemed like a nightmare. michael isn't in bed with me. he isn't here to wake me up. he just isn't here. it's cold. it's lonely. i just want his arms around me.

i got out of bed and walked out to the kitchen to see a note on the counter.

going out with ash and luke this morning. call me when you wake up. - michael.

i took one last note before throwing it in the garbage. this is something we need to talk about in person. he really hurt me last night. he never takes my side. it's just hurtful.

i grabbed a bottle of water, plopped down on the couch, and began to watch tv. but all i can think about is michael. i wish he was home. maybe he was trying to avoid confrontation. well, it's not gonna work that way. he's getting it whenever he gets home.

as i sat and paid somewhat attention to the trash reality show on the tv, i felt a sharp pain strike through my stomach.

"fuck."

i said as i dropped my water bottle on the ground. as soon as another strike of pain when through my stomach, i knew something wasn't right. so i called michael.

"hello?"

michael asked as he picked up. i couldn't answer. all i could do was cry from the pain.

"alex? babe, talk to me."

michael said, concern written throughout his voice.

"s-stomach h-hurts."

was all i could choke out from the pain i was buckled over from.

"shit. listen, i'm gonna call calum to take you to the hospital. he's closer than i am."

michael said.

"o-okay."

"alright, i'll meet you at the hospital. don't worry. everything is going to be alright."

michael said before hanging up. within 15 minutes, calum was rushing into the living room and carrying me to his car. this can't be anything good. none of this means anything good. and although i would like to believe michael's words, i don't think everything is alright. and i'm just hoping that the baby is okay.

+

i heard heavy footsteps run down the hospital corridor before michael, luke, and ashton appeared in the hospital room.

"hey, how are you feeling?"

michael asked me as he came to my side.

"i'm okay. they gave me some pain meds that helped. they said it was because of all the stress i'm under and the doctor is putting me on bed rest for next few weeks."

i said.

"is the baby okay?"

"yeah, she's fine."

"i'm so glad you two are okay."

michael said as he placed a kiss on the top of my head.

"i'm sorry. this is my fault. i shouldn't have picked a fight last night."

michael said.

"got that right."

i heard calum say from behind michael. the whole time we've been here, calum has been expressing how he feels about last night. i guess michael told him once we got home.

"what's that mean?"

michael asked calum.

"i think you're too harsh on her. she had every right to be upset with crystal but you can never see it her way. and you keep calling her these nasty words and you never think about how bad it affects her or the baby."

calum said. the whole room felt silent.

"cal-"

"no, he's right."

michael said, interrupting me.

"i'm sorry. i'm gonna try and do better. i don't want anything to happen to you or our peanut. i love you guys."

"we love you too."

i said as michael put a kiss on my lips.

+

22 weeks pregnant

4 days. 4 days of bed rest. i just wanna get up and move. i wanna get out of this stupid bed but of course michael won't let me. i'm grateful for him. he caters to my every need. i just wish i could do it myself.

for the last few days, veronica has been texting me. i had nothing better to do than hear her out. she's been saying how she misses me and apologizing about the fight. i don't know if i forgive her but i told her about the hospital and being on bed rest. and that's when she asked if she could come over. and i said yes. but michael doesn't know that yet.

so when i heard heels clicking down the hall, i knew it was her. veronica walked into the bedroom and the first thing she did was hug me.

"i'm so sorry."

veronica said.

"it's okay."

i said.

"how are you feeling?"

veronica asked as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"i'm just tired all the time. but michael is good at taking care of me."

"i'm glad."

veronica said with a smile. that's when michael appeared in the doorway, obviously confused as to how veronica got in here.

"how did you get into my house veronica?"

michael asked, clearly pissed.

"i still have a key. and i just walked right in."

"i guess i should as why the hell are you in my house."

"i came to see my best friend."

"the one you abandoned?"

"really? i'm the one who abandoned her? didn't you go on a three month long tour right after you guys got together, cheated on her, then called her a whore?"

"that was a mistake. i can learn from it."

"maybe you should learn to shut your fucking mouth once in a while. gosh, i should've fucking gotten alex away from you when i had the chance! you don't deserve someone as sweet and as kind as her. and you certainly don't deserve her child."

"get out of my house before i call the cops."

michael said as he got in her face. veronica looked back at me and i just looked away. i don't think she's right. she doesn't see michael the way i see him.

"you've gone soft, alex. good luck with this piece of shit."

veronica said before she stormed out of the room. i sighed as i ran my hands through my hair.

"i'm sorry."

michael said as he sat next to me.

"no, you were right. she was out of line."

"i love you."

"i love you too."

i said as i kissed michael. all i'm worried about is getting through the next two weeks of bed rest and keeping my daughter safe. i'm not stepping in the middle of petty bullshit anymore. if veronica can't respect the man i love, she doesn't have to be in my life. and that goes for anyone at all.