just another reason

michael's pov

"this bus is way too cramped with all of you on here."

bee said as they walked through the living area of the tour bus and sat down beside calum. i sighed as i watched them cuddle up next to one another. i guess they must have made up after that fight. i looked down at my phone and sighed as i saw the photo of alex and luna on my lock screen. i miss them a lot and it's hard seeing all the guys and their girlfriends together on tour.

"you good?"

luke asked from beside me.

"yeah. i should probably go call alex."

"isn't it like 3am in california?"

luke asked.

"yeah but she might be up with luna. at least i hope so."

i said as i got up from my seat and walked towards the bunks. i plopped down on my bunk and looked for alex's name in my phone. if i'm being honest, i am nervous about samantha staying at the house. they're alex's big sister and she has a huge influence over them. i don't want to tell alex that she can't see her sister but i also want to protect her from how deceiving her sister can be at times.

samantha is a year older than the rest of us and we all went to high school together. when calum, luke, alex, and i were all juniors and samantha was a senior, samantha paid a couple of guys off to beat me up so i would leave alex alone. she's always been protective of alex. and so has her big brothers asher and dustin. i know alex doesn't really talk to her older brothers nowadays but i know she misses them like crazy too. 

it's really no secret that her family hates me. i mean, i wouldn't be fond of luna moving across the country with some guy when she turns 18. but they've never given me a chance. i wish i could have the chance to show them that i am a good guy. i'm a good father and i'll always treat luna and alex the way they deserve. but they'll never give me a chance.

i looked down at alex's contact one last time before pressing the call button. i just hope that samantha isn't around.

alex's pov

"hello?"

i said as i answered michael's call. 

"hey. how are things going at home?"

michael asked.

"they're pretty good. samantha just went to bed and i just gave luna her bottle so i'm cleaning up around the house."

i said as i started cleaning the pile of dishes that laid in the sink.

"isn't it like 3am?"

"yeah but it needs done and sam wants us to do something tomorrow. ooh, guess what."

i said with a smile. i haven't gotten to talk to michael at all so i haven't been able to tell him that my parents are here in la and staying in a hotel just a few minutes away. i just hope he doesn't make it a bigger deal than it is.

"what?"

"my parents came with sam."

"...they did?"

michael asked suspiciously. 

"yeah. they seem happy about luna and were even playing with her. they gave me a bit of a proposal too."

"what do you mean?"

"they, um, want us to move back to austalia. well, they only want luna and i to move back there but i want you to come with us. and i think it's a pretty good idea."

"alex that's an awful idea."

michael said, which immediately brought my spirits down.

"why?"

"because my job is here. and i fucking hated growing up in australia. just because you were pretty and popular doesn't mean australia is a good place to live."

"why the fuck are you being such a dick about this?"

i protested back.

"because i don't have a lot of good memories back home and your parents are clearly just wanting to get you away from me. don't you see that?"

michael said as i sighed. he's right, my parents do want me away from him. but i still love australia and i love living there. it's still home for me.

"i see that. let's just drop it. i'll tell my parents we aren't moving."

i said as i finished washing the dishes.

"okay. i better get going and you need some sleep. i love you."

"love you too. have fun."

i said before hanging up. i turned around to go to my bedroom when i saw samantha standing in the walkway of the kitchen.

"and yet another example of michael clifford controlling your life."

samantha said as i rolled my eyes.

"go to bed sam."

i said as i pushed past her and went to my bedroom. my family really wants to get me away from michael. but it's not going to work. i love him. we have luna. nothing is going to change that i made a family with michael. and nothing is going to be able break that family either.