what a surprise

"there's my pretty niece."

veronica said with a smile as i passed luna over to her. it's been almost three weeks since my parents and samantha were here and i still can't stop thinking about what happened. i really only told veronica about what actually happened. i didn't want to bother michael with my issues and i still haven't talked to bee since our fight. veronica is just the only person who really wants to listen to my issues anymore.

"i can't believe you're already two months old today. stop growing up."

i said with a smile as i looked down at luna. it really is hard to believe that she's growing up so fast. i guess two months isn't a lot of time but it really has flew by. even with all the shit life has thrown at us.

"too bad her dad isn't here to celebrate."

veronica said as i glared at her. the hatred towards michael really never ends between her and my family.

"can you just stop for one day?"

i asked as i started to make a bottle for luna.

"i'm just saying that he's never here. i'm more of a father than he is."

"shut up."

i said with a roll of my eyes. i finished making luna's bottle and took luna from veronica's arms.

"when is michael suppose to get back from tour?"

veronica asked.

"sometime next month. he never really knows if they're gonna add a few press dates on or not. i just miss him a lot."

i sighed. i hate that michael is missing the first three months of luna's life. i know he wants to be here, even though veronica and my family think otherwise. i know michael is doing the best he can. he calls every night and any other time he can. he's a good dad. i don't know what he has to do to prove it to them.

"i know you do. i just wish you weren't so attached to him."

veronica said. attached? last time i checked, i've been here without him for two months. how am i attached to him?

"what do you mean?"

i asked her.

"well every time michael leaves you become so sad and you've almost become dependent on him for your happiness."

veronica said. she absolutely has no idea what she's talking about. she hasn't been in my life for months, how would she know what my life is like when michael isn't here? before i could say anything back, i heard a knock at the door. i passed luna over to veronica and walked over to the door.

"surprise!"

i heard as i opened the door. a huge smile grew on my face as i realized it was michael on the front porch.

"mikey!"

i said with a smile as i jumped into his arms. am i dreaming? this has to be a dream. he isn't here right now.

"hey baby. i missed you."

michael said as he placed a kiss to my lips.

"h-how are you here? what about tour?"

i asked him.

"well they decided to give us a two week break since some of the press dates fell through. so i decided that i wanted to come home and see my favorite girls."

michael said as happy tears filled my eyes.

"i love you. i've missed you more than anything."

i said as i cupped michael's face in my hands. this just doesn't feel real.