over time

song for the chapter: mine - taylor swift

two weeks later // 35 weeks pregnant

"bee, it's literally february. how did you even find a bee costume?"

i asked bee as i looked down at the halloween costume she gifted luna.

"don't worry about where i found it. just be grateful you don't have to think about what luna is going to be for halloween this year."

bee said as i rolled my eyes and we both laughed.

"i wasn't worrying about that but thank you anyway."

i said as i put it to the side.

"how are you and michael doing?"

bee asked as i stretched my legs out onto the carpet we were both sitting on.

"good. he seems so excited that luna is gonna be here soon. he's gonna be the best dad."

"i can tell just by the way he lights up when anyone brings her up. he really loves you guys."

"i know."

i said as i looked down. i don't want to tell bee about what i overheard calum and michael talking about a few weeks ago. i can't put them in the middle of that.

"are you excited for her to finally be here?"

bee asked.

"i'm excited but also scared. i want to give her the best life a can. and i definitely want to give her a better childhood than i had."

i said as a rush of my awful childhood played through my head. my parents really were the worst. it's twisted that i still want them here to meet their granddaughter. they don't want her or me, why do i want them so bad?

"you're going to give her the best childhood possible. i know you are. and she's going to be so spoiled by her godparents that she'll never need anything."

bee said as we both laughed.

"i'm so glad you moved here. you're like a piece of home."

"well i'm just glad i can be here before my niece is born."

bee said as we both smiled.

38 weeks pregnant

"michael! we cannot take her home in that!"

i giggled as i snatched the bumblebee costume from him.

"why not? she'd be the cutest little bumblebee around."

michael laughed as he sat down next to me on the nursery floor. after having a long talk with karen and asking her about a million questions, michael and i finally narrowed down all the things we needed for the baby bag. now it's time to pack and make sure everything is perfect for luna's arrival.

"you put her car seat in the car, right?"

i asked michael.

"for the fourth time, yes. stop worrying."

michael said as he leaned back on his hands.

"all i do is worry."

"well stop."

"i really don't see how you're so confident about this."

i said as i rummaged through the bag, trying to make sure everything we need is in there.

"because i know that we aren't going to be perfect parents. we're gonna mess up. every parent does. but we're going to give luna all the love, support, and happiness a little girl could ask for. there's nothing to stress about."

michael said as i took a deep breath. he's right. we aren't going to be perfect parents. but we're going to be the best damn parents we can be.

"i'm so glad you're so levelheaded about this."

i said with a smile.

"well one of us has to be."

39 weeks pregnant

"get her out."

i groaned as i glared at michael. spicy food, exercise, and about a thousand different teas later and i'm still pregnant. she really is michael's child.

"remember when you were saying that you never wanted her to come?"

michael said as he sat next to me on the couch.

"that was before i was fat, tired, and over being pregnant."

"well i don't know what you want me to do. we've tried everything."

michael said as i sighed. well, there was one other thing we haven't tried.

"we could always...you know."

i said as i raised an eyebrow at michael. it took a minute, but my point finally clicked in michael's brain.

"absolutely not."

"oh, come on! it's been nine months and you haven't had sex with me once. i feel like i deserve this."

"so not happening."

michael said as i groaned.

"please?"

i whined.

"no. just let her come out when she's ready."

"tell me that once you have a bowling ball attached to your uterus that feels like it's going to fall out whenever you move."

i pouted.

"i'm sure she loves you too."

michael joked again as i rolled my eyes. after a few minutes of silence passed, i let my hand move over to michael's leg and began to rub his thigh. and that's when he sighed.

"if i have sex with you, will you shut up for the night?"

michael asked.

"yes."

"fine."

michael said as he grabbed my hand, pulled me off the couch, and led me into the bedroom.