somewhere you call home

song for the chapter: ass back home - stereo hearts

"work with me here luna."

i said as i finished dressing the one month old. today samantha is coming over and i'm nervous to see her. i haven't seen my family since i moved to la. they were really against me moving to another country with michael and samantha and michael got into a huge fight before we left. they kept talking to me but never wanted to talk to michael again. it's going to be weird having samantha in our house and seeing her again.

"are you excited to meet aunt sammy? she's going to love you."

i said with a smile as i picked luna up off the changing table. i carried her out of the nursery and walked into the newly cleaned living room. everything needed to be perfect for when samantha arrived. or at least seem that way.

i heard a knock at the door and a smile instantly crossed my face. i carefully kept luna tucked into my arm and walked over to the front door. but when i opened the door, i got the biggest shock i could imagine.

"mum? dad?"

i asked in disbelief. right here in front of me, samantha, my mum, and my dad stood in front of me. am i dreaming? can someone pinch me?

"hey sweetheart."

my mum said as she hugged me while being careful of luna in my arms.

"i-i don't know what to say. why are you guys here?"

i asked them.

"well, we wanted to see you. it's been four years. and we wanted to meet our sweet granddaughter."

my dad said as he hugged me. my mum and dad went into the living room and i turned my attention to samantha.

"how did you get them here?"

i asked.

"they wanted to come. they wanna talk to you."

she said as she hugged me. then her eyes fell to luna.

"there's my beautiful niece!"

samantha said as she took luna from my arms. i looked towards the living room and took a deep breath. i don't know what they could want to talk to me about. i haven't seen them in four years and all of sudden they're here? it can't be good.

"so how was your flight?"

i asked my parents as samantha and i sat down on the couch. my heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. i wish michael was here. he knows how to help with my anxiety.

"good."

my mum replied.

"so, sam said you had something you needed to talk to me about."

"yeah, we do. alexandria, we know you love it here. and we know you love it here with those boys but they clearly haven't been a good influence on you. you're strayed so far away from who you were as a teenager. this isn't you."

my mum said.

"look at what they're saying about you in the tabloids. and it's because you're hanging around these guys. and now you have a child? this just isn't how we raised you. and we think you should come home to australia."

my dad added. i'd be lying if i said i didn't think about coming home. i want luna to grow up in the environment that michael and i did. but i don't think michael would ever want to do that.

"i'd have to talk to michael about moving."

i said.

"sweetheart, you know how we feel about michael. we think you should just pack up you and luna's things and come home with us while he's still on tour."

my mum said. my heart sunk to the deepest part of my stomach. i couldn't do that to michael. i can't just run off to another country without him.

"t-that's insane."

"it's really not. look around alex. where's michael? this baby girl is only a month old and you've taken care of her the whole time. how fair is that?"

samantha said. i looked down at luna and sighed. she's got a point. i've done it all myself. i feel like a single parent most days. and i can feel that dark cloud surrounding my heart again.

"i'll think about it. i have to think about what's right for luna and i at the moment."

"we'll give you time to think about it. just consider you're options and how you're living right now. if you come home, you can have all the support in the world. you won't be doing things by yourself."

my mum said as i nodded. i don't know what's right for luna and i at the moment. a part of me wants to be here and be with michael. i love michael to death. i don't think i could love another man like i love him.

another part of me wants my family back. i want to be surrounded and support by my parents and my siblings. i miss being at home. i want luna to grow up with my side of the family and to be able to be around her aunts and uncles and cousins. i don't know what to do.

i wanna talk to michael about this but would it just end in a fight? or would he want to move with me? maybe my family would compromise so they can be around luna and i. but i feel like either way this is going to end badly.