tainted getaway

16 weeks pregnant

"baby!"

luna cheered as she placed her tiny hands on my bump.

"i can't believe she's already so excited to be a big sister."

michael laughed as he laid down in bed next to us.

"she's going to be the best big sister."

i said as luna giggled at me. the last few weeks have actually been relaxing, which is unusual for the cliffords. but we've just been enjoying each other's company and spending time with luna.

"she really is."

"so, i have a bit of an idea."

i said with a smile as i looked up at michael.

"and what would that be?"

"i think we should go on a little vacation while it's still the three of us."

"and did you have anywhere in mind?"

"i would really like to go back home to australia. we could visit your mum and tell her about the baby. they're getting awfully hard to hide."

i said as i looked down at my growing bump.

"that sounds nice. what about your family?"

michael asked.

"what about them?"

"don't you think they're gonna know if we're in australia? what if they wanna see you?"

"they won't. they shamed me out of the family once, it's probably already been done again."

"but it's a possibility. would you be up for talking to them?"

michael asked. that's honestly a loaded question. i don't know if it's worth it to talk to my family after all the horrible things they said about michael. i love michael more than them. i'd choose him over them again and again.

"maybe. i don't think they'd be up for it though."

"well, how about i book the plane tickets and you start packing."

"sounds great."

i said with a smile as i kissed michael's lips.

+

"good morning princess. are you ready to go see where mummy and daddy grew up?"

i asked luna as i dressed her in comfortable clothes for the plane ride. i have no idea how luna is going to do on the 15 hour flight to australia. i'm kinda hoping she just gets tired and sleeps for a while.

"mama!"

luna cheered as i smiled. it's so hard to believe that we're going to have two children soon. two little luna's running around and causing problems. hopefully this one isn't the problem child.

"you're so smart. smarter than your dad."

"hey! i heard that!"

michael called from the next room over as luna and i both giggled. michael walked into the nursery and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"you almost ready to go?"

"yep. just gotta get a jacket on this one. it's gotta be cold in australia."

i said as i picked luna up off the changing table.

"my mum is so excited for us to be home. she's really excited to see luna too. she hasn't seen her since she was a newborn."