it's not a bad life

two months later

"i'm telling you, she can do it."

i said to michael as i placed luna on her back on the placemat in front of me. 

"i'm not saying she can't. i'm just saying that i've never seen it."

"probably because she's only done it once."

i said with a roll of my eyes. having michael finally be home is great. there's no lingering thoughts of him leaving for tour in the back of my head anymore. i know he's home for good. that's all i've wanted for the last four months.

"c'mon luna. i know you can do it."

i said with a smile as she stared up at michael and i. michael pulled his phone out and started recording as luna started to turn and eventually flipped onto her stomach.

"yay! i told you she could do it!"

i said as michael picked luna up off her play mat.

"you're growing up way too fast. next you'll be walking and talking."

michael said to luna. it feels like time is moving so insanely fast nowadays. michael and i's wedding is in a few weeks and i can't wait. we wanted to get married as quickly as we could. michael even tried to convince me that we should just go to the courthouse and get married but i don't think our family or friends would appreciate that very much. 

"i'm going to cry just thinking about it."

i said as tears rimmed my eyes.

"tell your mummy not to cry, luna."

michael said as i laughed. luna reached her arm out towards me and i leaned forward so she could grab my face. 

"so, have you heard anything from your family about the wedding?"

michael asked me. 

"nope."

i said with a sigh. i sent invitations to my parents and each of my siblings but no one ever responded. i can't say i'm surprised. but i would be lying if i said that i didn't get my hopes up a little bit.

"well it's for the best. we want people there who loves us, not who want to destroy us."

michael said as i nodded. it still stings a little bit. i always pictured my dad walking me down the aisle and my mum and siblings sitting front row. it's just hard to imagine that none of that is going to be reality.

"at least i know we'll have the prettiest flower girl."

i said as i tickled luna, earning tiny giggles coming from the smiling baby. i think luna is happier when both michael and i are around. there's no doubt in my mind that luna is a daddy's girl. and i can't imagine marrying michael without luna being involved somehow. she's the reason we're together in the first place. she truly brought us together. i don't think we would have ever said our true feelings for one another if luna didn't come into our lives.

"are you excited for mummy and daddy to get married?"

michael asked luna and she continued to giggle.

"can you imagine having another one of these running around?"

i asked michael.

"i'd love another baby. i want a boy this time though."

"really? i thought you loved being a girl dad."

"i do. and i'd be happy if we had another girl. i just want a little version of me too."

"as if luna doesn't look identical to you."

i said as i rolled my eyes and laughed.

"i think you put her to sleep with talks of a sibling."

michael said as we both looked down at luna, who was struggling to keep her eyes open. michael stood up and carried luna to her crib before returning with the baby monitor in hand.

"she's down. i guess it's just you and me."

michael said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder and placed a kiss to my lips.

"you're gonna have to save it for the wedding night."

"oh, stop being a tease."

michael said as he kissed me again. if you would've told me two years ago that i would have a daughter with michael and marrying him in just a few short weeks, i would've told you that you're insane. i feel like i'm living the dream that i've been wishing for since i was in high school. i really thought my chances were gone when michael got engaged to crystal. i guess you really just have to trust the process. and i'm so glad that i did.