pink or blue

song for the chapter:  adore you - miley cyrus

18 weeks pregnant

"you know we have to get dressed if we're going to make it to our appointment."

i said to michael as i leaned across the kitchen island. ever since michael got home, we haven't really left the house. we've just been enjoying each other's company. i'm sure our friends probably think we're dead but we're just secluded in our own little bubble.

"or we could stay home and be in bed all day."

"we've done that for the last week. and we get to find out the baby's gender today. we have to go."

i said.

"that's true. does veronica still insist that she throws us a gender reveal party?"

"yeah. well, i think her exact words were "a gender reveal party for alex where michael isn't allowed there"."

"she really doesn't like me, does she?"

"oh, you know how she is. she's just upset about what you said about me. remember how it was when chad called me a slut in front of the whole party at your birthday a few years ago?"

i asked. ah, chad, my ex-boyfriend. the one who repeatedly cheated on me and made me feel like it was my fault. i really know how to pick them.

"yeah. she all but sucker punched him."

"she's just protective. give her a little bit. she'll come around."

i said.

"so are we finding out the gender today or do we have to keep it a secret for veronica?"

"oh, we're finding out today. she'll get over herself."

i said, causing both michael and i to giggle.

"well, we better get dressed."

michael said as we both got up off our seats. as i walked down the hall, i felt michael smack my butt and i squealed.

"michael!"

i yelled as i turned around.

"well, you shouldn't wear those leggings if you don't want me to smack it."

michael giggled as he pulled me into a kiss. these are the moments that i've missed while michael was gone. i just miss being with him. these are the moments we never got to have together. We both went and got dressed then headed towards the doctors office. as we got closer to the doctors office, i felt my heart pounding more and more from excitement. 

"you nervous?"

michael asked as he placed his hand on my bouncing knee.

"nope. i'm so excited. i can't wait to find out the gender and finally start buying clothes and everything we need for the baby. i'm just really excited."

i said as i rested my head on his arm. once we arrived at the doctors office, i got checked in and we were quickly taken back to an exam room.

"hello! it's nice to see you two again."

doctor green said as she walked into the room.

"nice to see you too."

i replied.

"so, we're finding out the gender today?"

 doctor green asked as she lifted up my shirt put the cold gel on my small bump.

"yeah."

"you guys excited?"

"more than you know."

michael replied as he intertwined his hand with mine. doctor green put the wand on my stomach and the screen lit up with a picture of our baby.

"there's the baby." 

doctor green said as both michael and i gasped. they're perfect. every time we get to see the baby, it's breathtaking. it's hard to believe that they're going to be in our arms in just a few short months.

"looks like it's a little girl. congratulations."

doctor green said with a smile. i looked over at michael, who had tears streaming down his face.

"it's okay. don't cry."

i sniffled as i wiped his tears.

"we're going to have a little girl. i knew it."

michael cried as we both laughed. doctor green gave us the ultrasound photos and we went on our way. when we got back to the house, we put the ultrasound photos on the fridge next to the other ones.

"so, you're excited about having a little girl?"

i asked michael.

"beyond excited. she's going to be my little princess. i'm so excited." 

michael said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"me too. now we can start planning out the nursery and picking names."

"and then she'll be here in a few short months. and we'll be parents. that's actually terrifying."

i giggled.

"but i wouldn't want to do it with anyone else though."

michael said as he placed a kiss on my lips. knowing the gender makes everything feel so much more real. we're having a little girl. we're going to be parents to a little girl.