had to happen

song for the chapter: fix you - coldplay

"you suck at taking pictures."

i said as michael handed me my phone and i started flipping through the many pictures he just took for me. as a part of my job, i have to take a lot of pictures for brands to post on my instagram. i'm really grateful for my job and the opportunities it gives me, but sometimes it seems impossible to get the best photo that is also approved by the brand. and usually i have veronica take them, but since she's busy and i have a deadline coming up, i asked michael to help me. and he's not the best at doing it.

"didn't you ask me for help."

michael asked me as he looked over my shoulder at the photos.

"oh, hush."

i said. i swiped through the photos until i found three good ones to send off to the brand.

"you look good in all of them."

michael said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. for only being friends, he's always been really touchy with me. but it's only escalated since we found out that i'm pregnant. he's constantly holding me close and trying to be around me. it's not like i mind though.

"you think?"

i asked as i felt michael rest his chin on my shoulder.

"yeah. you always look good."

michael said as i felt my cheeks get hot.

"thanks."

i said as turned my head to look at him.

"of course. now, can we finally go inside?"

michael said.

"yeah, let's go."

i said. we walked back inside and i went to my computer to start editing my photos. michael plopped down next to me on the couch and started watching a movie.

"you know, we have to tell our parents about the baby sooner or later."

michael said.

"i know. i just don't know what the best way to go about it is. it's not like we can fly to australia to tell them."

"we're just going to have to tell them over the phone."

michael said as i sighed.

"i just don't know how they're going to react. i'm honestly surprised they haven't seen it online yet."

"you know how my mum and dad are. they can barley work a phone."

michael said as i laughed.

"should we call them right now?"

"we could. but we aren't doing my parents first."

i said as michael rolled his eyes and smiled.

"you're still scared of your parents at 22?"

"yes. now dial your mum's number."

i said as i handed michael's his phone. he took his phone from me and dialed up his mum's number. my heart started to race as i heard the dial tone and then heard michael's mum, karen, pick up.

"hello?"

karen asked as she picked up.

"hey, mum. it's alex and i."

michael said as i felt my heart thump out of my chest.

"hey! how are you two doing?"

"we're good. we have something to tell you."