one year

8 weeks pregnant

"she's going to be awake any moment."

michael said as i glanced over at the alarm clock and sighed.

"i know. but we can enjoy our last few moments alone before our one year old is awake."

"i feel old."

michael said as i giggled. god this year has flown by. it's insane to think how much has changed within a year. this time last year, michael and i weren't even together. now we're married with a one year old and another baby on the way. it's crazy what life can throw at you.

"me too. we've lived a little too much to feel this old at 23."

i said.

"yeah. i wouldn't trade it for anything though. i'd rather be here with you and luna than out partying."

michael said as i smiled. i think we've both just grown so much this last year. we've been through so much bullshit that it's made us stronger. and that's all i can really ask for.

"you know, we're gonna have to tell our friends about baby clifford eventually."

michael said as he placed his hand on my flat stomach.

"i know. i would just rather keep it between us for now. i don't want to get anyone's hopes up."

i said as i placed my hand on top of michael's. knowing michael, i know he wants to go and shout on top of the rooftops that we're having another baby. and maybe if the miscarriage never happened then all of our friends would know by now. but it just doesn't work like that anymore. there's too much anxiety there.

"i know. i just can't wait to see everyone's reactions. my mum is gonna freak out."

"i know. she's gonna be so excited."

i said with a smile. i'm so grateful for karen. she's helped me so much through this last year. she's really the mother i never had. i just hope i've been as good as a mum as she is.

"we better go get the birthday girl up."

michael said. we both got out of bed and walked into luna's room to see her sitting up in her crib.

"hey birthday girl! you didn't tell us you were awake!"

michael said as he picked her up. i smiled as i tucked one of her blonde curls behind her ear.

"let's get you dressed and fed before everyone comes. i can't wait to see what your aunt and uncles spoil you with."

i said as i pulled out luna's birthday outfit. bee and i went shopping for days until we found the perfect dress for today. the top of it is white and the bottom has a big tutu. i'm just hoping she's able to fit into her high chair with this giant skirt.

"go ahead and get ready. i got it here."

michael said as he grabbed the dress from me.

"you sure?"

"i'm sure. go get all pretty."

michael said with a smile. i placed a kiss to his lips and luna's cheek before walking out of the room. i got a quick shower, blow dried and straightened my hair, put some makeup on, and put on the sparkly black romper i bought for today. when i walked downstairs, michael was just finishing feeding luna.

"wow. look at how pretty mummy looks, luna."

michael said as i smiled. luna looked at me and started to giggle.

"i was just trying to compete with my girl."

i said as i tickled her, earning me even more giggles. i heard a knock on the door and walked over to open it.

"hey guys!"

i said with a smile as luke and sierra walked into the house.

"hey! it's been so long!"

sierra said as she hugged me. i haven't seen her since the party at their house and it feels like that was forever ago.

"i know! you're finally showing."

i said as i looked down at her large bump. her smaller frame makes her stomach look huge. and knowing luke, their child is going to be so tall.

"don't remind me. i could barley get out of bed this morning."

"ugh, been there."

i said with a giggle. we walked into the kitchen where michael was cleaning luna's high chair with one hand and holding luna with the other.

"there's the birthday girl!"

luke said as he placed her gift down on the table and took luna from michael.

"lu!"

luna exclaimed as she placed her hands on his cheeks.

"this is a sight i could cry at."

sierra whispered to me as i laughed.

"wait till it's your own child. i'm still not used to the love i feel when i see michael and luna together."

"here come the tears."

sierra said as she wiped her tears away. soon the rest of our friends arrived at our house and were surrounding luna with all the love she could get.

"you know she loves me more than you, hemmo. there's no competition."

bee said as they bounced luna on their hip.

"last time i checked, she said my name first."

luke said.

"shut up."

bee said as they rolled their eyes and michael and i laughed at them. after we all ate and did cake, we decided it was time to do presents. the first gift came from ashton and kaykay. they got luna a cute black witches dress and a little drum set.

"do you like torturing me or something irwin?"

michael asked as luna hit her hand against the drum set.

"only slightly."

ashton laughed. next was luke and sierra's gift. and of course they went above and beyond. i pulled out a pair of black boots and the most beautiful pink fendi dress i have ever seen. i know this couldn't have been cheap.

"guys this is too much."

i said as i looked at them.

"nonsense. we want our niece to look good."

luke said.

"your child is going to be so boujee."

michael said as everyone laughed. finally was the gifts from bee and calum. and of course that meant tons of clothes. like 3 bags worth of clothes. i pulled out a leather jacket and just bursted into laughter.

"i told him not to get that for her."

bee said as they flared at calum.

"it's never too early to start wearing boots and leather."

calum said.

"no, it's great. i love it guys. thank you all so much. the love you have for her is so amazing. she's so blessed."

i said with a smile as i looked at a sleeping luna. i guess presents wasn't enough to keep her attention. soon everyone left and michael and i put luna down in her crib.

"i think she had fun today."

i said to michael.

"yeah. i think luke and bee tired her out with all their bickering."

michael said as i laughed.

"i still can't believe it's been a year since she was born."

"me either. and now we're gonna start this process all over again."

"wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else."

i said as i wrapped my arms around michael's neck.

"me either."

michael said as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. this last year has been insane but it's been so worth it. nothing can ruin this happiness.