messy exes

song for that chapter: something's gotta give - camila cabello

"wake up."

michael whined as he crouched down to my side of the bed.

"leave me alone."

i said as i pulled the blanket over my head. i haven't heard from veronica since michael and her's fight. she's really just walked out of my life after everything we've been through. it hurts.

"nope. wake up."

michael said as he ripped the blanket off of me. i looked over at the alarm clock and sighed. 3:46pm. i was up all night worrying about veronica while michael was sleeping. i didn't wanna wake him up. he looked so peaceful.

"why do i have to wake up?"

"well, you need some food in your system. and we have calum's housewarming party tonight, remember?"

michael asked as i groaned. i totally forgot that calum is moving into his new house this week. and that we agreed to go to his housewarming party.

"will you make me something to eat while i shower."

i said with a slight pout as i looked up at michael.

"of course. go get cleaned up."

michael said as he placed a kiss on my lips. i went and took a quick shower, dried and straightened my hair, put a little bit of makeup on, and put on a black bodycon dressed matched with black flats.

"how does this look?"

i asked michael as i walked into the kitchen.

"you are going to be the hottest girl in the room. not that you aren't any other time."

michael said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"you think so?"

"i know so."

michael said as my cheeks felt hot. i love him. there's nothing that could change that. not even veronica's attitude. i quickly ate the sandwhich that michael made me as he went off to change and then we headed to calum's.

"there's my favorite parents."

calum said as he opened the front door.

"there's my favorite uncle-to-be. just don't tell the guys."

i said as i playfully ruffled his hair.

"they already know i'm baby clifford's favorite uncle. there's no denying it."

calum said as i laughed. michael led me around the party, saving hi to everyone and mingling around, before settling down on the couch.

"there's the cliffords."

ashton said as he walked over to us with a girl following behind him.

"uh, i'm still a kerr, thank you."

i corrected him.

"not for long."

ashton retorted as i rolled my eyes.

"who's this?"

michael asked as he nodded towards the girl.

"this is kaykay. my girlfriend."

ashton said proudly.

"ooh, ashton is finally settling down. good for you. i'm alex."

i said as i reached my hand out to her.

"nice to meet you."

kaykay said as she shook my hand. she seems nice. maybe we could be friends. as the party went on, luke and his girlfriend, sierra, came over and joined us. i like sierra. not someone i've ever been close to. maybe it was because veronica was hogging up all of my time. maybe i can finally have some other friends outside of her.

"you ready to go?"

michael whispered in my ear.

"whenever you are."

i said as i got up off of his lap. we went around the party, looking for calum so we can say goodbye, when we bumped into someone else coming down the stairs.

"oh, hey guys."

crystal said as she smiled at us. crystal. of all people. crystal.

"hey."

michael said as i wrapped my arms around his.

"oh, congratulations. i saw your pregnancy post."

crystal said as she smiled at me.

"thanks."

i said with a slight smile back. we use to be friends. we used to be really good friends. well, that was until she accused me of sleeping with michael.

"you two are going to make great parents. and i just wanna apologize for what happened between us. it wasn't right of me to accuse you of that."

crystal said. at that point, i tuned her out. i don't have to forgive her. and i don't. she was my best friend and she still didn't have trust in me. there's no forgiving that.

"we'll see you later."

michael said, dragging me right back to reality. once we got to the car, michael clearly had something to get off his chest.

"did you have to act like that?"

michael asked.

"what are you talking about?"

"you were acting rudely towards crystal."

"am i  just obligated to be friends with her cause she apologized?"

"i just think you're too harsh on her."

"she accused me of fucking you when you two were together. she though that lowly of me, michael!"

"well, you don't have to act like a bitch about it now! let it the fuck go!"

michael snapped at me. i looked at him in disbelief.

"just don't even talk to me for the rest of the night."

i said as i rolled my eyes and stared out the window. and we didn't talk for the rest of the night. i even slept in my own bed that night. how could he be taking her side in this again? he never even tries to understand where i'm coming from and it is so fucking frustrating. he never cares to hear my opinion or how i feel. and he never, ever cares to see my side of things.