got a secret, can you keep it?

song for the chapter: should've said no - taylor swift

"are you sure you're going to be okay?"

veronica asked me as i finished unpacking my bag. after michael left, i decided it would be best to come back to our house. i just hope this time apart is good for michael and i.

"yeah, i'll be fine."

i said as i hung another piece of clothing up in my closet. truth be told, i don't know if i'm gonna be okay. i would like to think that i am. but having your heart torn out and stomped on isn't something you usually come out of without a little bit of scathing.

"okay. call me if you need anything."

"will do. thanks v."

i said as i hugged veronica. she walked out of my room and out of the house and that's when the realization set in. i'm really alone. i can't call my family. i can't call michael. i can't call the guys. i'm on my own. and it's just something i have to get used to.

after unpacking all of my clothes, i went out to the living room and threw a random movie on the tv. halfway through the movie, i heard my phone rang and picked it up to see luke's name written across the screen.

"hello?"

i asked as i answered the facetime call.

"hey. i wanted to check up on you and make sure you're okay."

luke said. i know michael put him up to this because he's too scared to call me. it's a classic move of his.

"i'm fine. did michael put you up to this?"

"maybe."

luke said as i rolled my eyes and we both giggled.

"you can tell him that i'm fine. i'm just watching some shitty movie on tv."

"well, how are you actually doing?"

luke asked. he really thinks he's a therapist sometimes. i contemplated for a moment if i should really tell luke how i feel. would he go and tell michael? i'd like to think that he wouldn't, but who knows? maybe he's pledged his loyalty to michael?

"are you around michael?"

i asked.

"no. calum is distracting him so i can talk to you. what's up?"

luke asked as i sighed.

"i miss him. but i don't know if i can trust him. he told me she was just a crazed fan but...i don't know. was she just a fan?"

"i mean i wasn't there but i believe michael. i know how much he loves you, alex. he loves you and your little family so much. he doesn't want anyone else."

"yeah, but i just know i can't compete with these other girls that throw themselves at you guys. i'm not the same alex i was a few months ago. why would michael want to be with someone like me?"

"because he loves you. and he's been wanting to be with you for as long as you guys have known each other.

luke said as i sighed. he's right. of course he's right.

"i'm just scared of getting hurt. you know how my last relationships have worked out. it's always just a mess in the end. i don't want michael to get hurt."

"and he doesn't want you to get hurt. you two are too scared of hurting each other when you're right for each other. don't you think it's a bit of fate that you got pregnant with michael's baby out of everyone in the world?"

"which i still don't know how that happened."

"well, when you're practically poking holes in condoms."

luke said, which took me by surprise.

"what are you talking about? it was because my birth control stopped working."

i asked him.

"or probably because michael hasn't been using condoms. and the one he was using had holes in them. he said that he told you about it."

luke said, leaving me in shock. so was he trying to get me pregnant? was he trying to do this to get me to be with him? did he have this planned all along?

i hung up on luke and tossed my phone to the side. this is...unbelievable to say the least. i really hope this was an accident or something he found out after the fact. but the fact that he wasn't using condoms? something doesn't add up here.