boiling point

song for the chapter: not in the same way - 5 seconds of summer

michael is the biggest cuddler i know. he's always holding me close and making sure i'm close by so he can grab me whenever. it's like i'm his security blanket. not that i'm complaining. i like a good cuddle too. so, here we are on the couch, michael passed out with his head on my lap and hand on my stomach, as i scroll through twitter on my phone.

i peeked up from my phone and smiled at the sight. using my free hand, i ran my hand through michael's hair. he's been working so hard in the studio with the guys these last few days and michael just comes home exhausted. i know he's glad to be back in the studio though. it's his one true love, even if he says differently. 

i heard michael's phone buzz on the coffee table beside us and it instantly caught my attention. i tried to ignore it but it kept going off. i stretched my arm over and picked it up, looking at the many notifications that lit the screen. the one at the top was a text from calum. but before i could fully read it, the phone was snatched from my hands.

"what are you doing?!"

michael exclaimed as he sat up and looked at his phone.

"i was seeing who was blowing your phone up."

"or were you spying on me?" 

michael mumbled under his breath. why would he ever think that? he's always been open to me about his phone and let's me use it from time to time. unless he's got something to hide all of a sudden.

"are you really accusing me of that right now?"

i asked, my voice full of anger.

"why else would you be looking through my phone?!"

"i wasn't looking through your phone! i kept hearing it buzz and all i did was pick it up. gosh, are you cheating on me or something?!"

"now look who's accusing who of something."

michael said with a roll of his eyes. he tried to lay back down on me but i pushed him away.

"leave me alone."

i said as i got up from the couch.

"gosh, you are so hormonal today."

michael said. that's where he's done it.

"i'm hormonal?! you're the one who just sat here and accused me of spying on you! are you fucking kidding me?!"

i yelled at michael. he has my blood boiling at this point.

"well when i wake up and seeing you looking through my phone, what else am i suppose to think?!"

"you're suppose to trust me! and trust me enough that you would know i would never look through your phone without permisson! what are you fucking calum now that i can't see what he texted you?!"

"no! i just don't need to up in my business all the time, alexandria."

michael said. i know when michael is upset. he starts calling me alexandria instead of alex. that's when i know i've struck a nerve.

"well then i don't have to be in your business at all. consider us done."

i said as i stormed out of my living room and into the bedroom.

"alex, don't be ridiculous."

michael said as he chased after me.

"i'm being ridiculous?! you have no trust in me michael! how the fuck am i suppose to be with someone who doesn't trust me?!"

i said as tears started to fall down my face and i packed my bag.

"god, i cannot wait until luna is here so you can stop being such a hormonal bitch!"

michael said. and that's when something in me just snapped. and before i knew what i was doing, i raised my hand and slapped him. michael looked away from me for a second before he scoffed.

"you don't have to worry about leaving. i'm gone."

michael said before walking out of the room and out of the house. tears fell down my face as i placed my hand over my mouth in shock of my own actions. i never meant to do that. i never wanted to hurt michael. i don't know what came over me. we've never been like towards each other before. was he looking for a way out? maybe he wanted to start this fight. but what i did was unacceptable. no matter the situation, that isn't the answer. and now i think i lost my best friend forever.