love you like a love song

17 weeks pregnant

"look at how pretty mummy looks luna!"

michael cheered as i walked out of the bathroom. tonight is our last night in australia and karen offered to take luna for the night so michael and i can have a date night. i'm actually kinda excited to see what tricks michael has up his sleeves for tonight. he told me he was taking me somewhere i would never expect, whatever that means.

"and look at how handsome daddy looks."

i said as i tucked the collar of his shirt. 

"baby!"

luna exclaimed as she placed her tiny hand on my protruding bump.

"that is your baby brother or sister, luna."

"sis!"

luna exclaimed again. 

"i see someone is on team pink."

i said as i picked luna up and placed a kiss to her cheek.

"i'm still holding out for another boy."

michael shrugged. i know how badly he wants another boy. i can't imagine how much it broke him to find out luca is a boy. it's like the little boy he's always wished for was taken from him. he never shows it but i know it still hurts him. i want him to mourn properly, just like he let me.

"i know you are. but i know that you're also the most amazing girl dad in the world."

i said as i ran my hand through his hair.

"that's true. maybe we'll get lucky and give luna the sister she wants."

michael said as he placed a kiss to my bump. and that's when i felt the familiar flutter in my stomach that i've missed so much.

"of course this one likes you more too."

i said as i rolled my eyes. 

"someone's jealous of your daddy, little one."

michael whispered to my stomach as he placed a kiss on the area the baby just kicked.

"i'm not jealous. you just seem to have this overwhelming popularity with the clifford children that becomes annoying."

i said as i placed luna next to michael on the bed and headed for my suitcase. michael refuses to tell me what he has planned for this date of ours so i decided to dress as comfortable, but still dressy, as possible. i grabbed a pair of comfortable boots that i packed and quickly laced them up.

"you know, we could just stay in this hotel room for the rest of the night."

michael said with a smirk as i rolled my eyes. 

"you're a pervert."

i said as i finished lacing my boots up.

"or i just think you look amazing in this outfit."

michael said as he placed a kiss to my lips. i decided on just wearing a black overall dress with a white top underneath of it so i still could move around. just like luna, this second baby seems to want to grow like crazy, and most of my clothes can't take it. thankfully i found this cute dress while shopping around and it fits perfectly. after we all finished getting ready, we piled into the car and headed to karen's house. michael dropped luna off with her and then we headed to the mystery destination that michael picked out.

"so, do you want to tell me what we're doing yet?"

i asked him as i grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers.

"nope. you'll just have to wait and be surprised."

"but i hate surprises."

i whined as michael giggled.

"god, i love you."

michael said as he ran his thumb over the back of my hand.

"i love you too. i'm so glad i didn't listen to my parents and moved here. i'm happiest being mrs. clifford."

i said with a smile. i never pictured myself this happy. i guess i never pictured my future until michael became a part of it. sure, we'd be friends forever, but what would've happened if he married crystal? would we have been close friends? would we be living together still? i don't know.

we pulled into a small park and the memories instantly came flooding back to me. this was the park that michael, calum, and i would go after school to hang out. we'd sit here until dark and just talk. the park still looks every bit like what i remember.

"do you know where you are?"

michael asked as he opened my car door and offered his hand to me.

"graven park. i'd recognize this place anywhere."

i said as michael helped me out of the car. he grabbed my hand and led me over to the grassy area that became like a second home to him, cal, and i in the summer. the area was decorated in a beautiful picnic with candles lit around it.

"did you do this?"

i asked michael.

"i mean my mum helped make the food but it was mostly me. sit down."

michael said. i sat down on the blanket and he sat down next to me. after we ate the delicious sandwiches and fruit that karen packed us, we laid down on the blanket and just stared at the stars. if i could describe heaven on earth, this would be it.

"so, you don't have your wedding or engagement bands back yet."

michael said as we both glanced down at my bare ring fingers. i guess it slipped my mind after we got back together. 

"i don't."

i replied with a shrug. it's not a huge deal to me. michael and i both know we're loyal to each other. what's a piece of jewelry going to change?

"that's kinda why i brought you out to this romantic picnic. i feel kinda shitty about the way i proposed to you."

michael said.

"michael, it was amazing."

"but you deserve more. which is why..."

michael's voice trailed off as he stood up off the blanket. he got down on one knee and pulled a small box out of his pocked.

"alex, you are the absolute love of my life. the love i have for you, luna, luca, and our third child is so indescribable. i love you more than anything. you're the best thing to ever happen to me. now, i know we're already married, so i guess what i'm asking you is to just promise me that you'll never give up on me. even when i'm being difficult or you know, slandered by my ex."

michael said as he opened the tiny box. tears flowed down my face as i sat up and stared at him in disbelief. this is truly something only michael clifford would do.

"of course i do."

i said as i pulled him into a hug. as we pulled back, michael placed my engagement and wedding rings back onto my finger. i'm so in love with him. i'm so in love with our family. absolutely nothing can ruin this. we're stronger than anyone around us. we'll never let anyone break us apart again.