is love completely off the table?

song for the chapter: off the table - ariana grande ft. the weeknd

i woke up this morning and an emptiness lingered in the room. michael doesn't usually sleep in bed with me so it shouldn't feel so empty and lonely. but this morning it does. the memory of michael and i's fight lingers back into my brain and i just want to escape for the rest of the day.

i got out of bed and walked out of my bedroom. as i neared the kitchen, i could hear michael's voice talking to someone. before i could walk into the kitchen, i could hear michael talked about me. so i hid behind the wall to hear whatever he was saying.

"i'm really trying to so hard cal. i want things to go back to normal so bad. the way she asked me to sleep with her last night...it was something i've wanted to hear for weeks. and then i ruined it with that fight."

michael said.

"i mean, it's not something that's going to happen overnight. she lost trust for you. you haven't been the best guy to her or luna."

calum said from the other side of the phone.

"i know. and i really am trying. i've been reading baby books and doing so much research. i wanna be the best dad to luna. and i want to be an even better boyfriend to alex."

"well you need to give her some space. she loves you and you love her. if it's truly meant to be, it'll happen. look at bee and i. it took four years and the both of us to move across the world to find the love we have for each other. you'll find your way back to each other. and maybe it'll be after luna is here. she might be the one to bring you two back together again."

"god, i hope so. i can't imagine my life without either of them. i still have the engagement ring too. i just want alex to be mine forever. there's no one i want more in this world than her."

michael said as tears fell down my face. i really didn't think michael still loved me like that. i knew he had love for luna obviously. but for me? i didn't think it was still there after everything we've gone through.

"i promise you guys will find each other again. and then bee and i can be apart of your wedding."

calum said, causing both him and michael to laugh.

"and luna can be the little flower girl."

"and luke and ashton can sit in the front row and pout because neither of them are the best man."

calum joked. after a couple more minutes, michael hung up and i walked into the kitchen.

"morning."

michael said as i opened the fridge.

"morning."

i said as i tried to hide the smile on my face. there was still an awkward silence over us, even if i had just heard him proclaim his love for me.

"can we talk about last night?"

michael asked me as i grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"what about it?"

"i realized that i might've overreacted. if it would make you happy, let's give luna a hyphenated last name."

michael said as a smile grew on my face.

"really?"

"really."

"aw michael!"

i said as i threw my arms around his neck and hugged him.

"i didn't think this would make you so happy."

michael laughed as he hugged me back. little did he know, i was actually happy because of the words he spoke to calum. i hope calum is right. i want michael to come back to me. but a part of me is still scared of him leaving luna and i. i don't think i could handle that again. but i guess only time will tell what will happen between us.