if it's not one thing, it's another

song for the chapter: sparks fly - taylor swift

i woke up to the warm feeling of michael's body pressed against mine. it was comforting. it's been almost two months since i had this feeling and i've missed this. i shifted my body so that i was facing michael and smiled as i examined his features. i ran my hand through his soft blonde hair as michael opened his eyes.

"go back to sleep."

michael groaned as i laughed.

"it's almost 11. we need to get up and eat something."

i said.

"fine. but no eggs this time. i can't watch you get sick over them again."

michael said before getting out of bed.

"blame your child for making me want them. you act like i enjoy throwing everything back up."

i said as i got out of bed and followed michael to the kitchen. i sat down at the kitchen island as michael started to make some sandwiches for us to have for lunch. after michael finished making our food, he sat down with me at the kitchen island.

"so...should we talk about last night?"

i asked michael as i took a bite of my sandwich.

"i mean, what is there really to talk about? we kissed."

"well are there feelings there or was it just a meaningless kiss?"

i asked michael. i know there's feelings there. i just want to hear it from him. it doesn't mean anything if it isn't for him.

"listen, i've had feelings for you since freshman year. but...i don't want to risk anything with the baby. i don't want to lose you guys."

michael said. it feels amazing to hear that he actually has feelings for me. it's something that i've always wanted to hear. but i hate that he thinks he could ever lose us.

"you aren't going to lose us, michael. i've had feelings for you since freshman year too. i've always wanted to be with you. and even if it doesn't work, we're still a family. you're still my best friend. but i love you michael. more than words could explain."

"i don't think you know how long i've wanted to hear those words come off of your lips."

michael said before he leaned over the table and kissed me. butterflies fluttered in my stomach. this is all i've wanted. as we pulled away from each other, a smile grew on both of our faces.

"so, does this mean-"

"you're my girlfriend."

michael said with a smile. i pulled him in for another kiss but we were quickly interrupted by the sound of michael's phone ringing. i groaned as i flopped back down in my chair and michael let out a laugh. he went into the living room to take the call and i went back to eating. by the time he was done with his phone call, i was already washing up the little bit of dishes left in the sink. when michael walked back into the kitchen, i could tell something was wrong just by the look on his face. and it made my stomach turn.

"what's wrong?"

i asked michael as i leaned against the counter and dried my hands.

"um, that was the tour manager. they want us to do the first half of the tour before the baby comes."

michael said.

"so what does that mean?"

"well, i'm gonna go on tour for three months."

"three months?!"

i asked in shock, my eyes probably as wide as they could go.

"yeah. i'm really sorry."

michael said as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"well, when do you leave?"

i asked.

"next week."

michael said as i let out a disappointed sigh.

"i know it's not ideal. and i'm sorry that this has to happen. if i could, i'd bring you along like old times. it's going to be awful not going on a tour with you."

michael said. i've always gone on tour with the guys. i've never missed a show of theirs. it sucks knowing that i won't be able to watch them perform for a long time. i won't be able to travel the world with them, watching them do the thing that they're most passionate about. this sucks.

"i know. who's going to get you ready for each show and make sure your clothes match?"

i teased.

"i know. i guess i'll have to facetime you before every show and get your approval for each outfit."

michael said as we both laughed.

"so what does this mean for us? there's tons of pretty girls out there, mike."

"but you're the only pretty girl i want. i love you, alex. you're the only girl for me."

michael said as i smiled.

"i love you too mikey."

i said as i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss. i don't quite know what this means for us. i know how tempting it can be when you're surrounded by pretty girls on a tour. i've watched it destroy some of the boys' relationships. i hope michael and i have enough trust in each other for the next three months. cause, even i can't imagine my life with michael not in it.