i think i wanna marry you

song for the chapter: marry you - bruno mars

2 weeks later / 27 weeks pregnant

michael's pov

shopping is terrifying to me. and shopping for alex is an even scarier idea. she can be very particular about everything she owns. well, unless it's my clothing. she seems to love and steal all of it. but, engagement ring shopping? probably the scariest thing ever. but luckily i enlisted calum's help to find the perfect ring for the perfect girl. but, now that we're standing in the middle of the jewelry store, i can see how out of place we both are.

"what about this one?'

calum asked as he pointed to a heart-shaped ring. i'll admit, it was nice, but it wasn't alex. the ring has to be perfect for her.

"no, she'd never wear something like that. i feel like she's told me what her perfect engagement ring would look like but i didn't listen close enough."

"well you never thought you'd be the one buying the ring either."

calum added.

"yeah. i guess i just got lucky."

i said with a slight smile. calum's right, i never thought i'd be the one who would be buying alex an engagement ring. i always thought she'd find someone better before i could get to her. maybe that's why i rushed into a relationship with crystal. who knows? all that matters is that i have my dream girl now. and i want her forever.

"do you know how you're gonna do it?"

calum asked.

"yeah. once luna's born, i'm gonna get a onesie that says "will you marry my daddy?" and attach the ring to that and then whenever alex first holds her, she'll see the onesie."

"that's adorable. she's never gonna see it coming.

"i hope not."

i said as calum and i continued to walk around.

"i think i'm gonna get bee a promise ring."

calum said as he walked over to a box full of rings.

"don't you think it's a bit soon?"

i asked with an eyebrow raised.

"not really. i mean, you know how much of a crush i had on them back in high school. and then i lost them. i don't want that to happen again. i want to promise myself to them."

calum said. truth be told, i've never seen calum this happy. i'm glad he's happy with bee. he really deserves it. i kept scanning the glass cases, and felt like i had looked through a million rings, when my eyes landed on the perfect ring.

"that's it. that's her ring."

i said to calum as i pointed to it. he walked over, looked down at the ring, and smiled. 

"oh yeah, that's alex."

calum said with a smile. it was really the shiniest ring in the case. it was full of bling, which is something i know alex would want in a engagement ring. she always said that she would want a really pretty, shiny engagement ring. this one is perfect.

alex's pov

"thanks for hanging out with me guys. i really just needed a day out."

i said to the three people at the table with me. kaykay, sierra, bee, and i decided to go get lunch together since all of our boyfriends seemed to disappear today. 

"no problem. it's nice to finally have a group of people to actually hang out with."

kaykay said with a laugh.

"so, how are you doing, alex?"

bee asked.

"i'm good. just always tried. sometimes i just want to crawl into bed and never come out."

i said with a laugh.

"is michael excited about luna?"

sierra asked.

"oh, beyond belief. he wakes up every morning and plays his own music because she's "not allowed to like any other band."."

i said as everyone laughed.

"do you think there's a chance you two might get engaged after luna comes?"

bee asked as they raised an eyebrow. that took a moment of thought. are michael and i ready for marriage. i mean, sure, we've only been together for a little bit, but we've been friends for years. i would love to marry michael, but does michael want to marry me?

"i don't think so. i don't think michael is that ready for a big step like marriage."

i said before taking a sip of my drink. i'm not expecting michael to propose anytime soon. of course i would be absolutely excited if he did, but i just don't see it in our near future.