liar liar

one month later // 27 weeks pregnant

"are you guys sure you're okay with watching her until tomorrow?"

i asked asher and dustin as asher took luna from michael's arms. today, the guys first single off their new album was released and their record label decided to throw them a huge party so they can livestream and announce their new album to the fans. asher and dustin agreed to watch luna until tomorrow but i still feel bad leaving her overnight.

"we'll be fine! we've been waiting for alone time with our little niece and we're going to have so much fun!" 

asher said as he lightly tossed luna in the air and i smiled at the sight. i'm so glad that i do have a little bit of my family to be there for luna and i. she loves asher and dustin and they love her so much. it's just such a heartwarming thing to see.

"we better get going, babe." 

michael said as he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

"okay, we'll see you later pretty girl. mummy and daddy love you."

i said as i lightly tickled luna and placed a kiss to her forehead. michael did the same before we went out to the car and headed on the road. 

"i still feel bad for leaving her alone."

i sighed as michael intertwined his fingers with mine. 

"i know but asher and dustin will take good care of her. and we're going to have fun tonight. it's probably our last time out before tour and leilia are here. let's have a good time tonight."

michael said as he kissed the back of my hand. he's right. i don't need to be stressing about the little things. luna is safe with my brothers and she's having a great time. that's all that matters. we pulled into the venue and it was clear that it was going to be packed full of important people. good thing michael talked me into wearing a dress instead of a nice top and jeans. michael opened my car door and helped me out of the car. we walked into the party and quickly michael was mobbed by the media looking for interviews with him. i spotted bee, sierra, and kaykay and walked over to them.

"there's the other mama!"

sierra said as she hugged me.

"hey! i didn't think you'd be here tonight."

i said.

"well, luke practically begged me to come with him. i hate leaving leo but my mom is taking care of him for the night. where's luna?"

sierra asked.

"she's with my brothers. where's the guys?"

"fucking interviews. they separated us as soon as we walked into the party."

bee said with a roll of their eyes. we all mingled for a little bit before we heard the guys speak up on the stage. we headed down from our little area and stood in the front row by the stage.

"we're so glad you guys are enjoying easier!" 

luke said with a smile as everyone gathered around the stage.

"we're really proud of this song and all of the songs we've been working on for the last two years. which is why we are so excited to announce that our album is coming out next month and we will start touring immediately afterward." 

luke announced. my heart sunk to the deepest part of my stomach. they weren't supposed to start touring until two weeks before my due date. now they're leaving in just a month? and michael didn't even fucking tell me about this.

as the guys came off the stage, michael walked right over to me. he wrapped his arms around me and placed a kiss to my lips. 

"you okay?"

michael asked as he pulled back and saw my upset demeanor. how am i suppose to be okay after i just found out that he won't be here for the last few months of my pregnancy? how am i suppose to take care of luna? how am i suppose to finish the nursery? how am i suppose to have this fucking baby without him?

"no, michael, i'm not okay. it would be different if you told me that you're leaving an extra two months early and that you won't be here for the birth of our daughter before you told the world."

"alex, i'm going to be there when leilia is born. i'm not leaving you alone."

"that's such bullshit and we both know it. i'm over this. i'm going home."

i said as i got out his grasp and headed out of the venue. i called for a taxi and waited on the curb for it to show up. he really never thinks of my feelings. and he always chooses his job over his family. and i'm getting fucking sick of it. if his family isn't going to be his first priority, then maybe we shouldn't be a family.