ex-bride

one month later

"you're sure you've packed everything she needs?"

i asked michael as i raised an eyebrow at him. tonight is the last night before michael and i's wedding and to say i'm freaking out would be an understatement. tonight is our bachelor and bachelorette parties so karen volunteered to watch luna for the night. i've never been away from luna for a night and it just makes me really nervous. i know karen is going to take great care of her but i'm still nervous.

"for the thousandth time, yes. she will be fine."

michael said before placing a kiss on luna's cheek as she sat comfortably on my hip. 

"i'm just nervous. i've never left her overnight. i'm going to miss her."

i sighed as i looked at the smiling 5 month old. 

"you'll see her tomorrow. if you think about it, it's only a few hours. you'll go have fun with the girls, go to sleep, and wake up the next day and see her. and become mrs. michael clifford."

michael said with a sly smirk.

"i do like the sound of that mr. michael clifford."

"i knew you would."

michael said as he placed a kiss to my lips. as we pulled back i heard a knock at the door and felt my heart sink to the floor. 

"that's probably my mum."

michael said as he answered the door. don't get me wrong, i love karen. just not when she's taking my daughter overnight. but this will be good for luna too. she'll learn a bit of independance.

"there's my favorite girls!"

karen said with a smile as she followed michael into the living room and hugged us.

"hey karen. thanks for coming down."

"there wasn't a chance i'd miss this! i'm so excited that you'll finally be my daughter-in-law, even though you've felt like my daughter for years."

karen said as i smiled. karen really is the mother i never had.  she's always been so supportive of anything i've wanted to do. i love her to death.

"i'm so glad to finally be a clifford. then i'll never have any ties to my family anymore and have a family who actually cares about me."

"i'll always be your family, even if things never worked out with michael."

"thank you."

i said as i hugged karen. i passed luna over to her and gathered her things up as karen put luna in her car seat.

"i'm gonna miss you so much princess. mummy loves you so much."

i said to luna who was staring up at me with her bright green eyes. tears gathered in my eyes as i felt karen's hand on my shoulder.

"it'll be okay darling. i know the first time away from her is hard but it's just one night."

karen said as i nodded.

"i know. it just sucks."

i said as michael wrapped his arm around my waist.

"we better get going so you guys can get ready."

karen said. michael and i both placed a kiss on luna's cheek before her and karen left. and that's when the real waterworks began.

"babe it's okay. it's one night."

"i know i'm just going to miss her. i'm so overreacting."

i said as michael and i both laughed.