i'm ready to run

song for the chapter: ready to run - one direction

"she's too perfect. there's no way we could've made her."

i said to michael as we stared down at luna.

"are you saying we can't create something perfect?"

michael asked as i rested my head on his shoulder. luna is the spitting image of michael. she has his lips, his cute little cheeks, even his beautiful green eyes. she is her daddy's daughter down to the attitude. if i didn't know any better, or having the aching lower area to show for it, i would have thought she'd have a different mum.

"shut up."

i giggled. karen went to our house a few hours after luna arrived to catch some sleep. it's about 11am and i don't really see michael and i sleeping anytime soon. we texted our friends to let them know luna arrived and they sent their well wishes and said that they'd be up soon. i'm just surprised bee and calum haven't busted through the door yet.

"knock, knock."

i heard from the door. spoke way too soon. i smiled as bee and calum appeared from behind the door and i waved them in.

"oh my gosh, she's perfect!"

bee said as they peered down at luna.

"can i hold her?"

calum asked.

"no! me first!"

bee fought back, causing michael and i to laugh. they both went and washed their hands before i carefully put luna in bee's arms.

"hello luna! ah, we're going to be the best of friends! i'm going to spoil you and give you so much sugar before you go home. and we can have tea parties and i'll teach you how to annoy your dad!"

bee said excitedly to luna.

"hey!"

michael protested.

"oh shush. oh, and this is your uncle cal! he's not as important as me though. and wait till you meet duke. he's going to love you."

bee said as i smiled. if you would've asked me a few years ago that i would see two of my best friends holding michael and i's daughter, i would've called you insane. it's crazy how life works out. but no matter what drama happened throughout my pregnancy, i wouldn't trade this for anything. i am the luckiest girl in the world.

"cal, i want one."

bee whined as they looked up at calum with a pout. michael and i looked at calum's shocked expression before bursting into laughter.

"babe, duke would be so jealous. let's stick to babysitting for now."

"fine."

bee pouted. eventually they gave luna up and let calum hold her. while calum was holding her, he put his finger in luna's little hand and she grasped onto it.

"what a traitor."

bee said as they crossed their arms across their chest.

"she's literally three hours old babe."

calum said.

"well she's still a traitor."

"are you actually upset right now?"

calum asked.

"yeah."

"and how can i make it up to you?"

"you could kiss me."

bee said. calum placed a kiss to bee's lips as michael jumped up and took luna from calum's arms.

"alright, no kissing for you until you're at least 20."

michael said to luna as i laughed.

"i'm glad she's finally here. now this idiot can finally stop putting diapers on duke."

bee said as they glared at calum.

"how else do you want me to learn how to change a diaper?"

"take a class?!"

"oh, please. duke loved it."

"duke literally bit you."

"well now i know what not to do with luna now."

calum retorted as i yawned. maybe the lack of sleep was finally getting to me. or maybe it was these two's constant mindless bickering.

"you two are never babysitting."

michael said as he took his spot next to me on the hospital bed.

"oh please, i can babysit. i have to babysit him all the time."

bee said as they glared at calum again. as they began to bicker again, i rested my head on michael's shoulder and found myself beginning to fall asleep there. and michael took notice of it.

"okay, it was great to see you dumb and dumber, but alex has had a long night. as have all of us. can we continue this fight later?"

michael asked bee and calum.

"of course. get some rest."

bee said as they hugged me.

"love you guys."

i said as bee and calum left. i laid down in bed as michael put luna in her little cot. he went to lay down on the couch when i grabbed his hand.

"lay with me."

i said.

"you sure?"

"i'm sure."

i said as i scooted over to make room for him. michael laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist before the three of us fell asleep. my family is complete. i never thought i'd have a family like this by the time i was 22. but here i am. and i'm so incredibly happy. even if i lost my actual "family" on the way, i have the most incredible friends. i have the most incredible daughter. and i have the most incredible person to call my best friend and the father of my daughter. and maybe something more will happen there. i'm not sure. i've learned to just go with the flow and see where this road takes us. i don't need to be so in control of everything. this is a new chapter in our lives. and i can't wait to see where it takes us.