who's side do you take

bee's pov 

i adjusted the camera strap around my neck as i waited for the guys to come out on stage. even thought i'm still upset at michael, i have to do pretend to be happy and take pictures of the guys. so here i am, standing in the crowded outside crowd, waiting for the guys to come out. 

"did you see the tabloids this morning? she's actually divorcing him."

i heard a voice say. i know they're talking about alex and michael and just figured it was some teenagers. that was until i turned my head and saw crystal and veronica laughing in the crowd.

"she's so pathetic. do you actually wanna be with him?"

veronica asked.

"no. i just want them to not be together. i don't want alex to be happy. she doesn't fucking deserve it."

crystal said, which made my blood boil. of course that bitch set them up to break up. and now i've gotta tell michael and alex before it's too late for them.

alex's pov

having a broken heart and a teething toddler all at once is an absolute recipe for disaster. i walked into the living room with a crying luna and plopped down on the couch next to sierra.

"what's wrong with you little one?"

sierra asked as she took luna into her arms.

"she's teething, her dad is a dick, take your pick."

i said. i looked up at the tv and sighed when i realized that sierra is watching the today show where the guys are performing. i don't even wanna see michael. i can't even think about him without wanting to cry. and seeing him choose performing over us is probably the worst part.

"here they come."

sierra said as we turned her attention to the tv. as the guys sang, i could tell michael wasn't himself. he didn't look happy to be on stage at all. and i know the fans will pick up on that. i saw the tabloids announcing our divorce. i don't even know how they get this information. it's not even like i filed or anything.

"they did good."

i said as their set ended.

"you okay?"

sierra asked as i stared down at the floor. what's the point of talking about what happened? it's over with. michael chose crystal. he always has.

"yeah. i'm gonna go feed luna."

i said as i picked luna up and carried her out to the kitchen.

bee's pov

"michael!"

i called as i ran into the backstage area.

"what do you want?"

michael snapped at me. okay, we aren't in the best place right now. but he still needs to know what i know. 

"i've gotta tell you something. it's serious."

i said. i think he could tell just by the look on my face how serious i am because he walked over to a less crowded area with me behind him.

"what?"

michael asked.

"crystal and veronica were in the crowd. they plotted that kiss with you and crystal so they could get back at alex."

i explained.

"are you sure?"

"michael, do you think i'd really be on your side if this wasn't 100% true?"

"fuck."

michael said as he ran his hands through his hair.

"i've gotta tell alex."

michael said as he grabbed his phone and dialed alex's number.

alex's pov

"what does your dad want?"

i asked luna as i placed the jar of baby food down and answered his call.

"what?"

i asked as i answered the phone.

"alex, i know you don't want to talk to me right now but i've got to tell you something serious."

"and that is?"

"bee was in the crowd of our show today and saw crystal and veronica. they said they plotted the kiss with crystal and i to get back at you."

"and why the fuck should i believe you?"

i asked.

"alex, it's true."

i heard bee said. i can't believe my best friend would take michael's side in this. he cheated on me. why would you choose him over me?

"did calum put y'all up to this? just so michael can have an alibi?"

i asked.

"what?! no! it's true alex."

michael said.

"you know what, i can't believe you would take michael's side in this bee. you're suppose to be my best friend and instead you believe michael over me. and i'm suppose to trust you after you told everyone that i'm pregnant? thank you for not even giving me the chance to share my own pregnancy. this is unbelieveable."

"alex, you know i would never take michael's side. i can't fucking stand him half the time. i'm telling the truth here."

"both of you can just leave me the fuck alone. i can't believe either of you."

i said as i hung up the phone. i can't trust michael. i have no reason to believe he's telling the truth. and i'm really hurt that bee would take his side. they're my best friend. best friends should take their friend's side. and it hurts knowing that bee told everyone about my pregnancy. i guess i can't trust either of them.