goodnight and go

song for the chapter: i felt younger when we met - waterparks

13 weeks pregnant

one week. it's been one week since michael and i broke up. it's been one week since our fight. i haven't heard from michael since we got into that fight. i haven't heard from any of the guys. it's not like them. usually one of the guys would at least talk to me but i guess they all took michael's side. i guess i don't really blame them. michael is their best friend.

i sighed as i shifted my body on the couch. i'm thankful for veronica letting me stay with her but i miss being at the house. i miss being with michael. things just went too far between us.

it hurts to know that i was right about our relationship. it hurts to know that i almost predicted our breaking up. maybe my mum was right. maybe michael was going to leave me and wanted an out. cause he hasn't made any attempt to reach out sense.

i heard a pounding on the front door and immediately shot up off the couch. it's 3am, who could be here at this hour?

"i got it."

veronica said as she appeared from down the hall and walked over to the door. i laid down and tried to fall asleep but all i could hear was veronica yelling at someone. so i got up and decided to investigate. i walked over to the door to see veronica standing there with her arms crossed against her chest.

"what's going on?"

i asked her. that's when michael came into my view.

"michael? shouldn't you be on your tour?"

i asked him in shock.

"i needed to talk to you in person. we need to talk."

michael said. i sighed as i looked at veronica.

"wherever you wanna do."

veronica said. i grabbed michael's hand and led her into the house and into the living room. it feels good to see him again. but i wish i could say that i can look at him without wanting to burst into tears.

"say what you wanna say."

i said as i crossed my arms across my chest.

"alex, i promise you that i would never ever cheat on you. i love you so much. i love our baby so much. i want to be a family and i can't let you go. you're all i think about. i hate being the reason that i cause you pain. please just...please forgive me."

michael said as tears fell down his cheeks. it breaks my heart to see him like this. i wiped his tears away as my own tears gathered in my eyes.

"michael, i love you. and i love our family. but i've been hurt one too many times. and i can't let it happen again. i'm sorry. i think we rushed into this. i think it's better if we're friends."

"alex-"

"i'm sorry michael. i can't see either of us hurt like this. and what about our baby? we don't want them to be brought up in something like this. we're over. but i still want to be your friend."

i sniffled. michael sighed as he looked away.

"fine. just as long as you are still in my life. are you coming back home?"

"yeah. but you need to go back on the road. we need some time away, okay?"

"okay. can i kiss you one last time?"

michael asked. i nodded and he pressed his lips against mine. i think we were both savoring our last kiss and it felt awful having to pull away. michael stood up and walked out of the house as i wiped my tears away.

"i'm proud of you. you handled that really well."

veronica said as she hugged me. being strong and being the bigger person has never felt so hard. i've never had a break-up feel more earth shattering than this one. i love him more than words can explain. and i never though things were going to end like this. but i guess fate has other plans for us. and i guess maybe we weren't meant for a each other after all.