godparents

song for the chapter: best friend - 5 seconds of summer

32 weeks pregnant

"c'mon alex. wake up."

michael said as he gently shook me awake.

"leave me alone."

i whined as i shifted my body away from him. michael is always trying to wake me up before noon when it's usually always the other way around. he's way too eager nowadays.

"c'mon you need to shower before everyone comes over."

michael said as i groaned. i forgot that michael decided that he wanted to throw a little barbecue today since we haven't seen everyone in a while.

"you suck."

i said as i flopped onto my back and looked up at michael.

"i know. now let's go."

michael said as he put his hand out to help me up.

"when is everyone coming?"

i asked as michael pulled me up off the bed.

"in about two hours. so go get ready."

michael said with a laugh as i groaned again. i grabbed a quick shower and walked over to my closet. i put a pair of biker shorts on and started looking through all my tops. and of course, none of them fit.

"mikey!"

i whined.

"yeah?"

michael asked as he walked into my bedroom.

"can i please borrow one of your shirts? your daughter is too big and none of my fit."

i pouted.

"funny how she's only my daughter when she's annoying you."

michael laughed as he walked into his bedroom and then returned with a shirt.

"i'm only 5'0. she's definitely got your height. i can tell."

i said as i threw the shirt over my body.

"well then we can both tower of you."

michael joked as i rolled my eyes. michael went out to start cooking food as i quickly did my hair and makeup. once i was finished getting ready, i heard the front door open and shut. i walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen to see luke and sierra talking to michael.

"alex!"

sierra said with a smile as she hugged me.

"hey guys!"

i said with a smile as i hugged luke.

"i thought you two were fighting?"

luke asked as he looked at michael and i puzzled.

"we're just trying to be civil for luna. i'm just glad she's giving me a second chance."

michael said as he smiled at me.

"i'm glad you two are working it out."

luke said.

"i swear you like popped again since the last time i saw you."

sierra said as she put hands on my bump.

"i know. she's been getting so big. she's definitely taking after her father."

"when can we have a baby, luke?"

sierra asked, causing michael and i's eyes to go wide.

"um...uh let's wait sweetheart. i promise it'll be worth it."

luke said as he wrapped his arm around sierra's waist.

"good save."

michael said as i giggled. after a little while, kaykay, ashton, bee, and calum arrived and we all sat down to eat.

"your daughter is kicking like crazy."

i whispered to michael as we all ate.

"once again, she's only my daughter when she's annoying you."

michael joked as i rolled my eyes. i could feel bee's stares basically burning a hole through michael and i.

"you two are very...friendly today."

bee said to michael and i.

"yeah, friendly. we're just friends."

i said as i raised an eyebrow at them. there's nothing going on between michael and i. nor do i really want anything to happen. but i guess bee sees it another way.

after we all finished eating, bee and calum went into the house and i followed behind them into the kitchen.

"you and michael are very cozy today."

bee said as they took a sip into their drink.

"bee, give michael a chance."

calum said.

"i am, i just like to keep an eye on him. i'm not going to let him hurt alex again."

"well good thing he can't hurt me if we aren't together."

i said as bee shrugged. and that's when michael joined us in the room.

"did you ask them yet?"

michael asked me.

"ask us what?"

calum asked suspiciously.

"um, well since you guys are our best friends...we wanted to know if you'd be luna's godparents."

michael asked them. bee gasped and a huge smile grew on calum's face.

"we'd be honored!"

bee said as they nearly tackled me.

"what is going on in here?"

ashton asked as him, kaykay, luke, and sierra walked into the kitchen.

"we're gonna be luna's godparents!"

bee exclaimed.

"what? why do they get an upgrade?"

luke whined, earning himself a slap on the arm from sierra and a laugh from michael and i.

"because we're gonna be luna's favorite aunt and uncle. better luck next time."

calum said. i'm really lucky to have all these amazing people in my life. and i know they're all going to love luna so much. there's nothing better than this.