baby shower blues

one month later // 23 weeks pregnant

"mummy!"

i heard as the bed started to move under me. i opened my eyes and smiled as i saw luna jumping on the bed next to me. i pulled her close to me and smiled when i saw michael standing in the doorway. this last month has honestly been great. i've been seeing my therapist weekly and my nightmares have finally gone away. today bee and calum are throwing michael and i a gender reveal party at their house and i'm excited to finally know what the gender is. bee practically begged me to let them throw this party. and i must admit, it was really hard not to peek at the envelope before giving it to them.

"i see you two are awake early."

i said as michael came and sat down next to luna and i on the bed.

"well, i heard luna calling for us on the baby monitor this morning so i got up, got her breakfast, changed her, and now she wants her mummy. and i can't blame her."

michael said as he placed a kiss to my lips. i feel like michael and i have only become closer since i went to therapy and we had that talk in the waiting room. we're becoming more open with our feelings and have just been more open and there for each other. 

"are you excited to find out the gender?"

i asked michael.

"yeah. still kinda hoping out for a little boy."

"i still think it'll be a girl. right luna?"

i asked luna as she giggled at me. she's getting way too big. it's like just yesterday she was just a baby in michael and i's arms. now she can walk and she's starting to make little sentences. nothing makes me happier than to see this little human of ours grow up. and i can't wait to experience this all over again.

 "we should probably get ready or bee will kill us."

michael said with a laugh. michael picked luna up off my lap and i got up out of bed. i walked over to my closet and pulled out the black jumpsuit that bee insisted that i wear. i quickly changed into it, did my makeup and hair, put some sneakers on, and headed downstairs. 

"there's my pretty girl."

i said as i spotted luna in her playpen. i picked her up and smiled when i saw michael had dressed her in her "best big sister" shirt. 

"her diaper bag is packed."

michael announced as he walked into the living room with the bag on his shoulder. although i'm certain it's just the extra hormones, tears welled up in my eyes at the sight of michael.

"are you okay?"

michael asked as he placed the bag down on the couch and walked over to me.

"i'm fine. you're just such a good dad."

i said as i used my free hand to wipe my tears. michael laughed before placing a kiss to my lips. we soon loaded luna into the car and we were on our way to the venue. my excitement grew as we pulled up to the park that bee chose for the location. it was decorated in pink and blue streamers and all of our friends were sitting at a picnic table talking. 

"there they finally are."

bee said as they took luna from my arms.

"bee!"

luna cheered with a smile as i watched bee gush over her. i love watching my friends with luna and i'm so excited to see them with this next baby. they love luna like she's their own and i know it'll be the same with the new baby. michael and i hugged everyone before we sat down at the table.

"do you guys think it's going to be a boy or a girl?"

ashton asked.

"i'm team girl. michael is still holding out on another boy."

"it's a girl. michael is always wrong."

bee said as i laughed. 

"shut up beezus."

"okay cliffo. anyways, we should find out the gender already."

bee said as they passed luna over to calum and ran off. they soon came back with a large black balloon that was painted so we couldn't see the confetti inside. i took the balloon from bee and michael and i stood up in front of everyone. 

"you ready?"

i asked michael.

"whenever you are."

michael said as he handed me the needle. i took the small needle from michael and popped the balloon. pink confetti flew from the balloon as everyone gasped.

"it's a girl!"

i yelled with a smile as i hugged michael. although i know he wanted a boy, michael can't hide the tears that fell from his face.

"you're gonna be a girl dad again."

i said as i lifted my head from michael's shoulder and squished his cheeks with my hand.

"i know. i'm excited."

michael said as i wiped his tears away. i placed a kiss on michael's lips and that's when i heard a car pull up into the park. i looked at the car puzzledly before two very familiar people stepped out.

"what the hell are you two doing here?"

michael asked as veronica and crystal approached us.

"we just wanted to congratulate you two. another little mistake- i mean little girl. how exciting!"

crystal said with the most devilish smile on her face.

"and we just wanted to see how your marriage is going since you cheated on alex again!"

veronica said as she matched crystal's devilish smile. god, can we ever catch a break from these two?

"what the hell do you even want? we've done nothing to you guys."

i said.

"nothing?! you broke up michael and i's relationship and then broke my fucking nose you dumb whore. don't think i won't knock you on your ass just because you managed to get yourself knocked up again."

crystal said as she got in my face. that's when bee stepped in-between us. 

"don't ever get in her face again. cause i'll knock you straight on your ass."

"oh please. you won't do shit, bee."

crystal said as she pushed bee back, nearly knocking them into me. and that's when bee swung on crystal. michael quickly pulled me away as luke and sierra took leo and luna away from the fight. calum, ashton, and kaykay did their best to restrain veronica, bee, and crystal but it was no use. veronica and crystal ended up scurrying away with bloody faces as bee yelled insults at them.

"don't you dirty whores ever come at my friends or my goddaughters ever again!  i swear to god i'll fucking kill you!"

bee screamed as calum held them back. veronica and crystal left as i went over and hugged bee.

"you didn't have to do that."

i said as i hugged them.

"of course i did. you're my best friend and they weren't going to talk about luna and little cliffo like that."

bee said, causing me to laugh at the nickname they gave my unborn child.

"little cliffo?"

"yeah. i mean, you won't tell us her name anyway."

bee said as i giggled.

"michael and i already have her name picked out. it's leilia skye clifford. you know, sticking with the theme of l names. luna, luca, and leilia."

"it's perfect."

calum said as i hugged him. god does it feel good to have people who would rather pick you up then destroy you. my family would've never defended me from people like veronica and crystal. well except for dasher and austin. i'm just hoping that is the last of us seeing veronica and crystal forever.