honeymoon avenue

one month later

"are you sure you two can handle her?"

i asked bee and calum as i looked between the both of them, michael and i can finally take our honeymoon and that means leaving luna alone with bee and calum for a whole week. which i feel like is definitely more than the two of them can handle.

"we'll be fine. how hard can it be?"

calum asked as he took luna out of my arms. oh, he has no idea what he's in for.

"just go enjoy yourselves. we'll be here when you get back."

bee said. i looked up at michael and sighed.

"alright. we'll see you in a week princess."

i said as i placed a kiss to luna's cheek and michael did the same. as soon as we walked out of the house and got into the car the waterworks started.

"she's gonna be fine, alex. they're more than capable of taking care of her."

michael said as he placed his hand on my thigh.

"i know i'm just gonna miss her so much. i hate leaving her alone when we're in a whole other country!"

"i know but she'll be fine. and we'll be back before you know it."

michael said as i wiped my tears away. i can't stand being away from luna. she's like part of my routine at this point. how am i suppose to relax when i don't have my little girl next to me? michael pulled out of calum's driveway and we headed towards the airport. even though i don't want to leave luna behind, i am excited to go to paris with michael. we've never really had a getaway together. it'll be fun.

"so are we even going to make it out of our hotel room or are you going to have me tied to the bed for the next week?"

michael asked me as i ran my hand through his hair. 

"i think a healthy mixture of both will suffice. it doesn't matter what we do, just as long as i'm with you."

i said. it honestly still doesn't feel real that michael and i are married. i feel like i'm dreaming. i'm really going to spend the rest of my life with this man. there's nothing that could ruin this.

"i think we should break the bed in first."

michael said as i rolled my eyes and smiled.

"god, you're such a perv."

i said.

"only for you."

+

"isn't it like tradition for me to carry you across the threshold or something?"

michael asked me as he unlocked the door to our hotel room.

"i guess. but we've been married for a month. i don't know if it still counts."

i said. michael shrugged before picking me up and carrying me into the hotel room. i giggled as he threw me on the bed and placed a kiss to my lips.

"i could get used to this."

i said as i wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"i could too. i don't know how i got so lucky."

michael said as a blush fell on my cheeks.

"me either. the only thing that could make this better is if luna were here."

"i don't think she should really see the things we're gonna do."

michael said as i rolled my eyes.

"you know what i mean. i can't wait to take her on vacations and on tour with you guys. she'll love it."

"i know. just wait until we have more little ones running around."

michael said as he began to kiss my neck. that made me stop and think. does he really want more kids right now? isn't luna more than enough for right now?

"wait, do you want more kids right now?"

i asked michael.

"i thought you did."

michael said.

"i do but i thought we'd wait till luna was a bit older. are we really for two kids right now?"

"well do you really want a large age gap between luna and our second child?"

michael asked me. he has a point. i just feel like it might be crazy to have another child right now.

"no but are we rushing things? are we really ready to have two kids?"

i asked. before michael could answer i heard my phone start to ring and i picked it up to see bee's name written across it.

"hello?"

i asked as i answered the facetime call.

"hey alex...quick question."

bee said with a tone that made my anxiety skyrocket. nothing good comes from a tone like that.

"yeah?"

i asked as i raised an eyebrow.

"did you know that your daughter can crawl?"

bee asked. my heart stopped. luna has never crawled before. did i really just miss her first crawl?

"what are you talking about?"

"well, cal put her down on her playmat and next thing i knew she was chasing duke down the hallway."

bee said as tears gathered in my eyes. i can't believe i missed one of my daughter's big firsts. 

"she's crawling?!"

michael asked me in shock.

"yes! and we fucking missed it! are you kidding me?!"

i said as the tears fell down my face.

"don't cry. it's okay."

michael said as he rubbed my back.

"did you at least get it on video?"

i asked bee.

"no. i'm sorry. next time she does it i'll make sure to record her."

"okay. thanks."

"no problem. enjoy your trip and stop stressing. she'll crawl again."

"doesn't help but i'll try and enjoy. bye."

i sniffled as i hung up. i threw my phone to the side and looked over at michael.

"i can't believe we missed that."

i sighed.

"i know. i'm sorry baby. it'll be okay."

"yeah. now, back to the discussion. are you sure we're ready for another kid."

"i think we are. we don't have to be actively trying. let's just not use protection and see what happens, okay?"

"okay. whatever happens happens."

i said with a smile as i kissed him. maybe we should leave things into fate's hands. and who knows, maybe we're meant to have another little clifford running around. we'll just have to wait and see.