good moments

"how's your face feeling?"

michael asked as he handed me an ice pack. i placed it on my throbbing cheek and sighed. it's still just unbelievable that my dad put his hands on me. i know none of my family likes michael but what give them the right to hit me like that?

"it still hurts. i just can't believe my dad actually hit me."

i said.

"don't let him get to you. you didn't deserve that. he's not worth your tears."

michael said as i nodded. 

"i just feel like i've ruined our whole vacation."

"alex, you didn't ruin anything. we're gonna get ready, go see my mum, and she has a bunch of stuff planned for us to do. and she's so excited to see luna. it's going to be a good day. i promise."

"okay. should we wake luna up?"

i asked as i looked over at the sleeping toddler in the pop-up crib. 

"i'll wake her up. you go get dressed."

"okay."

i said as i placed a kiss to michael's lips and headed for my suitcase. i pulled out a pair of black jeans and a black top before heading into the bathroom to change. as soon as i finished changing and brushing my teeth, i walked out of the bathroom to see michael had changed both himself and luna.

"did daddy get you changed pretty girl?"

i said with a laugh as i picked luna up.

"i figured today would be a good day to finally break out the leather jacket calum and bee got her for her birthday."

michael said as i laughed. 

"let's take a picture for aunt bee and uncle calum to see you in your jacket."

i said as i placed luna on my hip and snapped a picture of the two of us in the full-length mirror. i sent it to bee and quickly got a response.

beezus:

look at my luna!!!!! and i guess you're cute too. tell luna that i miss her. come home soon!!!

me:

we miss you!! see you soon.

i'm glad bee and i can be back on good terms. we talked it out after i got that text from crystal and put it all behind us. i think luna loves her godparents more than her actual parents sometimes so i'm happy we're all back to normal.

"you ready to go to my mum's?"

michael asked as i put my phone in my back pocket. i nodded as i grabbed luna's car seat and put her in it. we grabbed her back and headed out of the hotel. thankfully there were no fans outside so we were able to get right in our rental car and head towards karen's house.

"so did your mum see any of the articles about me being pregnant?"

i asked michael.

"she didn't say anything. she's usually not one to look at that type of stuff. she probably would've texted me if she found out already."

michael said.

"i think she'll be excited."

"oh yeah. she's always wanted lots of grandkids."

"well i think two is more than enough."

i said. i've never saw myself as someone who has more than two kids. i feel like two is just the right number. especially with michael touring and i'll be home alone with them. i just don't think it's in our lifestyle to have another kid.

"you don't want more kids?"

"not really. i don't think i could handle three kids while you're away."

"well i won't be away as much is we had more kids."

"you really want more kids?"

i asked michael as i raised an eyebrow. 

"i think it would be nice. i don't want to shut the door on the idea of having more kids."

michael said as i let out a deep breath. i just don't know if we could handle more than the kids we have. 

"let's just see how it goes with two kids and talk about it." 

"okay."

michael said. he seemed disappointed by my response but i don't think we could handle three kids. not with how life is going right now. he never knows when he's going to go back on tour. his year of vacation is coming up soon and even though it might get extended when luke and sierra's baby comes, we don't know what's certain. they just finished up their fourth album and that means another tour. it's just stressful to think about having two kids during this, let alone three.

we pulled into karen's driveway and the tension dissolved. i got out of the car and grabbed luna's car seat from the backseat. michael grabbed her bag and grabbed my hand to lead me into the house. 

"there you guys are! i was scared you were gonna get mobbed at the airport."

karen said as she hugged michael, clearly not seeing me behind me.

"there was a crowd at the airport that frightened luna but thankfully they were cooperative."

michael said as they pulled back. that's when karen directed her attention at me. and most importantly, at my bump.

"oh my gosh! you guys didn't tell me that you were expecting again!"

karen exclaimed as her hands flew over her mouth.

"we didn't know how to tell you so we thought this trip would be the perfect way to tell you."

"i'm so happy for you guys! luna is going to be the best big sister. i can't wait to be a grandma again!"

karen said as she pulled the both of us into a hug. i'm so glad i have karen in my life. she really is the mum i never had. i wish my family reacted this way to michael and i being together and starting a family but they never will. instead they think it's okay to put hands on me.

"okay, let me see my little star."

karen said as she looked down at luna. i put the car seat down, unhooked her from it, and helped her to stand up.

"look at how big you've gotten! i haven't seen you since mummy and daddy's wedding!"

karen said as she took luna's hands and helped her to walk. luna is getting better at walking but she's still not quite there. i still can't believe she's growing up as fast as she is. i wish time would slow down some. 

"you excited to be a big sister luna?"

karen asked as luna giggled.

"she literally yells "baby" every time alex walks into the room. she's more than excited."

michael laughed as he wrapped his arm around my waist. these are the moments that make me forget about all the pain my parents caused me. it's the moments like this that i cherish the most. the moments where i'm surrounded by people who actually love and care about me. this is all i need in my life.