made-up family

waking up this morning is bliss. instead of waking up to the cold air hitting me and luna's soft cries, i woke up to michael's warm arms wrapped around me, luna fast asleep, and a new ring on my finger. it seems like even luna is excited that her daddy is home. she only cried a few times last night, and michael was more than happy to take care of her. i shifted my body so that i was facing michael and ran my hand through his hair.

"go to sleep."

michael whined as i giggled.

"it's 9. we should really get up, fiancé."

i said, a warm blush falling over my cheeks as michael's new label fell from my lips.

"or we could go back to sleep, fiancée."

michael said as he slightly opened his eyes. before i could even answer, soft cries began to come from the bassinet beside our bed.

"i don't think she's going to let that happen."

i said with a laugh as michael groaned. as much as he might be annoyed that he has to get up, i know he would rather be changing diapers then being away from her. i smiled as i watched michael pick luna up from her bassinet and start to rock her,

"shhh, it's okay little one. there's no need to cry."

michael said as he sat back down on the bed and laid luna on his chest. i propped my head up on my hand as i just stared at the sight. nothing compares to this sight. it's absolutely perfect.

"tell your mum to quit staring at us like that."

michael joked as he looked over at me.

"i can't help it. i love the sight of you and babies. we might just need another one."

"really? cause i remember a certain someone saying that they were never having kids with me ever again."

michael said as i rolled my eyes.

"don't you want a sibling little one? or should mummy and daddy get married first?"

i asked a now sleeping luna.

"i think we should get married first. just seems right."

michael said as i shrugged my shoulders.

"you're starting to sound a bit like my parents."

"oh shut up. are you inviting your family to the wedding?"

michael asked. what a loaded question that is. i'd love for my family to be there but i don't think they'd show up. it's sad knowing that i'll have no one on my side for my wedding. almost like how it was at the baby shower. it just hurts to know that my family doesn't care about me all because of the man i love.

"i'll probably send an invite but they probably won't come. you know how they are."

"i know. i'm sorry you have to go through that. you don't deserve it."

"i know. i just don't even wanna think about them."

i said. they aren't worth giving a second thought about. they made it clear that they don't want to be in my life if michael is in it too. and i'll always pick luna and michael over everyone else. they're my family.

"so calum wants to have everyone over for a fire tonight. figured it would be a good time to tell them that we're engaged."

michael said. i sighed at the thought of seeing everyone, especially bee. i still haven't spoken a word to them and i miss them a lot. maybe tonight will be a good night to talk to them and just work through everything. and i know luna misses her godparents, aunts, and uncles like crazy.